Chapter 19

Ella

Me and Draco both walked down to the common room, which was full of students all trying to celebrate.

I stood by the stairs as Draco went and turned the music down and stood on a table so everyone would look at him. "Has anyone seen a Polecat in here?"

Straight away, Bella, Theo and Blaise all turned to me. "He's gone?" She mouthed to me, so I nodded.

"What's a Polecat?" Someone asked.

"It looks like a ferret, of you see one then tell me, alright?" Draco continued to shout. Everyone just nodded.

He jumped down and came back over to me. "We can try looking around the castle?"

"Yeah, let's go." I mumbled. We both walked out the room and began searching around the corridors.

"Where do you think he could of gone?" He asked.

"I'm not sure, the kitchens maybe?"

"Let's go there then."

We both walked quite slowly so we could search our surroundings for Milo. There was an odd tension between us. I was still a little weirded out that he moaned my name as he got sucked off by Pansy.

"Why do you keep going back to her?" I blurted out, then mentally scalded myself for saying it.

"What?" He asked while turning his head to look at me as we walked.

"Pansy, you talk shit about her to me and tell me that she isn't even good at what she does to you, so why go back?"

"Dunno." He shrugged. "There's no one else to really go for."

"I'm sure there's loads of girls who would want to go for you."

"Yeah, but most of them I've been with and going back would make them think I want a relationship or something out of it, but I don't. Pansy knows it's nothing more than sexual."

To be fair, it sounds like me and George.

"Oh." I mumbled.

"I am really sorry you had to walk in on it." He nudged me in an attempt to get me to look at him, but I couldn't. I just kept my head down looking at the floor.

"It's fine."

"What's wrong with you?" He asked.

"My pet is missing, that's what's wrong." I snapped. His eyes widened at my sudden lash out on him. "Look I'm sorry, I'm just not in a good mood."

"It's fine. I get why you're upset, that's why we're out looking for him."

We kept walking in silence until we ran into two ginger twins. My face dropped when I saw George, and his did the same when he saw us two together.

"You alright Eve?" Fred asked. "You look like you've been crying?"

"I've lost my pet, we're on a hunt to find him." I mumbled while trying not to look at George's disappointed face.

"What pet do you have?"

"A Polecat, he looks like a ferret."

"We'll make sure to keep an eye out for him."

"Thanks, he's called Milo."

"Right, we'll see you around."

"Bye."

Once we walked away and were out of ear distance, Draco turned to me. "I thought you said you weren't talking to him again."

"That was Fred who spoke to me, and I'm not."