Chapter 59

Draco

It's been a week. She's been in St. Mungo's for a week and still hasn't woken up. 

The nurses gave her a sleeping draught after they figured that they couldn't heal her scratches properly and she would just be in agonising pain, so keeping her asleep was their best option. They weren't sure on what bit and scratched her, but I heard one mention something about it possibly being a warewolf.

Mother had said it was a wolf, and I'm hoping she's right because if it was in fact a warewolf, she would become one herself.

I feel terrible for the way I treated her recently. I can't help it, everything is just so stressful lately, and I'm supposed to get the dark mark in a few days. But I can't get it without Ella being awake, I need her to be there with me or I-I'll crumble.

Right now, I'm by the hospital bed Ella was assigned. She had a separate room from everyone else, which was good for privacy. The small wooden chair I was perched on was incredibly uncomfortable, but you get used to it after a while.

Just looking at her made my eyes swell with water, she had thick white bandages wrapped around both shoulders, some spots of blood showing through them both.

I can't imagine the pain she'll be in when she wakes up, or how painful it was when it happened. Mother said she couldn't sleep the night of the incident and was downstairs sipping a cup of tea when she heard a howl. She didn't really think anything of it until she heard a scream. She ran as fast as possible into the woods following the sound of someone screaming and crying until she saw the wolf attacking Ella so she used spells to make it retreat. I wish I was there to help her. And I wanted to know what she was doing in the woods at that time.

I was holding her hand tightly, making sure that if she made any attempt to move I'd feel it. But she didn't, just like every other day I've been here, she didn't move. I've been here every day and spent my days talking to her, even though I knew she couldn't hear me. When it got too late, the nurses would kick me out and I'd go back home only to return in the morning. The same process each day until she finally awakes.

"Mr Malfoy, it's time for you to leave." A nurse announced from behind me. I looked up at the middle aged woman and sheepishly nodded. I got from my seat and kissed Ella's forehead then let go of her hand and walked away.

I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder, I looked over to see a young woman who I recently learnt was called Jessica. She was a trainee nurse, only 19. "She'll be okay, your sister will wake up soon enough-"

"She's not my sister." I corrected.

"Oh, she's not?"

"She's my girlfriend."

Her hand immediately dropped down to her side and she looked down at the ground as if she was disappointed. "Oh."

I just nodded at her and walked away, using the floo network to get back to the manor. Mother was waiting for me, she did this often. I know she's worried about me, but I'm more worried about Ella. She could of died.

"How is she doing?" She asked as she took a sip of her wine.

"Same as yesterday." I muttered before going upstairs and to bed. I just need Ella, I need her to comfort me and be there for me, but she's not here. I need that girl so badly that it hurts. It feels as if I'm addicted to her, and now I don't have her in a time of need it is just eating away at me. I will make sure to be there for her when she returns from St. Mungo's because she'll be so sore.

I didn't get much sleep, but I didn't most nights. I was too busy thinking about Ella that I had forgotten about how I was getting the dark mark in two days.