Chapter 60

Ella

The sun had set and Draco still wasn't back. I had started to get a little worried, my mind racing with ideas as to why he hadn't come back yet.

"It'll be fine, stop worrying." Bella told me as she held my hand, she could feel me shaking in fear and nervousness.

"What if something bad happened?" I asked. "What if he said no last minute and the dark Lord killed him or something?"

"Nothing like that is going to happen, I promise."

I just nodded and continued to look out of the window.

Another hour went by and Draco still hadn't returned. However, my attention was soon brought to the blonde who came striding in, worry on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Bella, go home." He spat.

"What-"

"Go. Home. I need to tell Ella something, your mother will tell you when you get home."

"O-okay." She stuttered while letting go of my hand. She gave Milo a quick stroke before she left, Draco took the seat she used to occupy and began tapping his foot against the floor while messing with his rings.

"Draco, tell me what's wrong."

He sighed. "I got the mark."

Those words alone were enough to make me cry. I didn't, but I wanted to. He was officially a death eater. He was one of them. One of Voldemort's little puppets.

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it a little making him look up at me, a single tear falling down his cheek. "That's not the worst part."

I just looked at him and waited for him to explain, he took his time so he could calm himself down before speaking. If not there was no doubt he would of just broken down into tears in front of me.

"He had a meeting straight afterwards, and he said I had to be in it. He then explained that I had a task I needed to do."

"Already?"

He just nodded. "It's to kill Dumbledore."

"WHAT?!"

"Ella, please let me explain everything before you talk. It'll just make it harder if not."

"O-okay."

"So, there is apparently a vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement in Hogwarts. It has a twin at Borgin and Burkes which is fixed, but the one at Hogwarts is broken. It's my job to fix it so other death eaters can get into the school. Everyone knows there's going to be a lot more security at school, and apparently there's a force field around the castle meaning no one can get in when all the gates are locked. I need to fix it, let them in and kill him." His lip quivered. "But it just gets worse. Apparently it's a two person job, that means someone else needs to help me....someone who is a death eater."

"T-they're going to turn Bella?" I asked, tears streaming down my face.

"No. They want someone who's already a death eater."

"W-who?"

"Matthew."

No. Surely not.

That gut feeling you get when you get bad news, I had that. The feeling of someone stabbing you, hurting you deeply just by a few words.

I could feel myself getting upset, more tears flowing down my cheeks at the mere thought of Matthew.

"What? H-how?"