Chapter 50

Ella

It's now 4th June, meaning we had just started our OWL exams. It's Draco's birthday tomorrow, so I have something planned for him.

Right now, I'm in transfiguration class. Jasmine still sits beside me, and constantly talks to me as if we're friends, but I just have this bubble of hate whenever I see her stupid fucking face.

"-so anyway, then I was like 'well obviously I don't want to because I'm not stupid enough to fall for it'." She carried on speaking, even though I wasn't listening. Instead, I had my head down and actually did the work. "Ella, are you listening?"

"I'm trying to do the work." I snapped. "So can you shut up."

Her eyes widened at my outburst, and I didn't realise just how loud I was being. Most people in the classroom had stopped and looked over.

"Miss Mayler, Miss Wolf, what's the problem?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Nothing, I'm just trying to do my work, Professor." I mumbled.

"Right, please keep quiet and carry on with the questions, they're vital for your OWL exam next week."

We both nodded and she walked away, leaving us in silence.

"Hey." She prodded. "What's wrong."

You, that's what's wrong. "Nothing."

"Well, clearly there is. If you and Draco are-"

"Don't you dare speak his name, you've ran your mouth about him plenty of times."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Miss Mayler, might I ask you to step outside with me?" The Professor asked. The whole class began to erupt into "ooooo"s as I stood up and walked out the classroom.

The Professor must of talked to the class before joining me in the corridor because she left me out there for a good 3 minutes.

"Now, what seems to be the problem?"

"I just wanted to get my work done and she kept talking to me."

"You and Miss Wolf always seem to be talking in my class, is there any particular reason why today isn't the same?"

I sighed. "I just don't think I work well with her, we clash. I never get my work done properly and I want to get my head down before our OWL's. Sorry for causing a scene."

"That's quite alright. However, I suggest you sort out whatever has happened between the two of you so you don't disrupt the whole class again."

"Yes, I will. Sorry."

"Now, come back inside and get going on your work."

I nodded and kept my head low as I walked back into the classroom, making sure not to lock eyes with Draco or Jasmine. Once I was back in my seat, I could feel Jasmine looking at me as if she wanted to say something, but chose not to.

After class was over, I quickly grabbed my things and began racing out the classroom.

"Ella!"

Oh just fuck off.

"Ella!"

I walked a little faster, now on the verge of running, but she caught the end of my robe and stopped me as we just made it around the corner.

"What's your problem?" She asked, now letting go.

"Nothing, just leave me alone."

"Ella, what've I done wrong?"