Chapter 15

CAMILLA'S POV

"Camilla" I felt someone shaking me. "Camilla, love. Wake up" a groggy voice said. I opened my eyes and I was laying outside on the quidditch pitch. I sat up and Cedric was behind me. "We fell asleep last night. We have classes, hurry up" he said. He helped me to my feet and we started walking to the castle. "How are you feeling?" he asked. I smiled at him. "I'm fine. How'd you sleep?" I asked. "Good. What about you?" he asked. "Amazing, I was wrapped up in your arms. Best I've ever slept." I said. He chuckled. "Same here." he said. We arrived at the hallways of the castle and I pulled him behind the pillar. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a deep kiss. His hands settled on my hips and he pressed his body against mine. "What was that for?" he asked. "We have to walk separately now because Nathan might see us." I said. "Right," he said, scratching the back of his neck. I took his hand and rubbed the back of his palm. "I'm sorry. I'll figure something out, I swear." I said. He kissed my hand. "I know. I love you." he said. My heart fluttered. "I love you too" I said smiling wide. I let go of his hand as I walked away. I began walking down the halls towards the dorms so I could change. I was almost there when I heard that dark voice that sent chills down my spine. "Where have you been?" he demanded.

I turned around and a few feet behind me stood Nathan, Draco and Blaise. Draco wouldn't look at me. His eyes stayed glued to the floor. "What are you talking about?" I asked. I walked closer to them. Nathan grabbed my wrist tightly and I winced. He dragged me into a classroom. Blaise and Draco followed us and shut the door behind them. Blaise stood at the door blocking my exit. Draco leaned against a desk casually and Nathan stood in front of towering over me. I kept my eyes to the floor. "You weren't at the party last night, where were you?" he asked. "I didn't go." I said quietly. "Oh" he said laughing darkly. "You didn't go? And why's that?" he asked. I shrugged. He gripped my chin harshly and forced me to look up at him. "Nathan please" I said. I tried to pull his hand off but he grabbed my wrist with his other hand. "Tell me the truth," he said. I looked him in the eyes and saw nothing but emptiness. Cold, dark, emptiness. "I stayed in my room. I didn't feel like partying." I said. "Malfoy!" he said sharply. Draco looked up at him. "Grab her arms." Nathan said. "What?" he said hesitantly. "Did I stutter?" he yelled. Draco walked over and stood behind me. He grabbed my arms and pulled them behind my back. I struggled under his grip but he held tightly. "Please, please let me go," I said weakly. "What were you really doing?" he said gritting his teeth. "I told you I-" I started when I I felt a crushing pain in my cheekbone as he punched me across the face. "Woah Nathan-" Draco started. Nathan glared at him and he stopped. Nathan grabbed the root of my hair and pulled down. My head tilted up and he stared at me. "Nathan please. I didn't do anything. Please just let me go." I begged. He swiped his foot under my legs and I fell to the floor. Draco still held my arms and I cried out in pain. Nathan kneeled in front of me. He grabbed my chin again, digging his nails deep into my skin. "If I find out you lied to me, you will face consequences far worse than anything you could've imagined." he said. With that, he stormed out of the room. Blaise followed quickly. I felt my eyes water. Draco let go of my arms and I felt the side of my face. My cheek had swelled up. I started to cry. "I'm sorry." a voice said and a hand was gently placed on my shoulder. I quickly turned around and drew my wand. Draco hadn't left and was still standing there. My hand was shaking as I kept my wand pointed at him. "I'm not going to hurt you." he said calmly. He stepped closer and lowered my hand. I put my wand away and turned away from him. "Just go Draco." I said. He stepped closer to me. His body was inches away from mine. I could feel his breath on my neck. He reached around the front of me and turned me to face him. "Let me heal you." he said. "I can do it myself." I said sharply. He lifted my chin gently. "Please Camilla, let me do this." he said. For the first time, I saw something other than anger in his eyes. I saw guilt. "Ok..." I said nodding slowly. "Ok go ahead" I said. He nodded. He drew his wand and gently placed it on my cheek. He mumbled a spell and the pain went away. He wiped a tear from my cheek and gave me a small smile. "It's gone." he said. "Thanks," I said. He nodded. "Why do you help him?" I asked. He stepped closer to me and I felt my breath catch in my throat. He leaned close to me.  I felt goosebumps cover my entire body. He was just about to speak when the door opened. Blaise walked in. "What are you doing?" he asked. "I was fixing her face. We're screwed if we get caught. She's not worth ruining the plan." Draco said. "Right...Let's go," Blaise said. Draco walked towards the door. He turned back and glanced at me one last time before he left.

DRACO'S POV

I am so torn right now. On one hand, I have to serve Nathan as he is an extension of The Dark Lord. If I don't help him with whatever he wants, including hurting Camilla, he can hurt my mother. But on the other hand, there's Camilla. I want her. I want to protect her and keep her safe. I want to save her from the life she's lived and the life she's bound to live. I can't choose. But I know, one day I will have to. Until then, I play both sides. Keeping everyone safe as best I can. I don't know how long that will last.