Chapter 117

 2 WEEKS LATERCAMILLA'S POV

2 WEEKS LATER
CAMILLA'S POV

I stayed with Diana for 2 weeks while I prepared for my search. Today is the day I say another goodbye.

"Here you go, dear. Food and water and enough money to last a while." Diana said. "Thank you so much, Diana. I appreciate everything." I said. "It's no trouble. And it was very clever to place that extension charm on your bag." she said. I chuckled. "It was Mione's idea." I said. "Oh," she said with a smile. "May I ask where you are going?" she said. "I can't tell you. It'll only put you in danger." I said. She gave a nod of understanding. "I think I can guess based on your outfit." she said with a smile. I looked down at my black dress, boots and cloak. "Not your typical style," she said. "Good. I need to look like a death eater." I said. She nodded. "Accomplished." she said with a chuckle. I laughed. "If you ever need a place to stay or a meal or anything, you'll come back... right?" she asked. I nodded. "Of course," I said. She smiled and hugged me. "Good luck," she said. "Thank you," I said. Then I grabbed my things and apparated away.

I landed just outside the pub and there was a death eater standing next to the entrance. I had my hood up and my head down as I walked up. My heart was racing because I had no idea what to expect. There was two options. One, my father has put the word out about my disloyalty and I'm a target or Two, he's keeping it a secret and I'll be respected as their future queen. I started to enter when he grabbed my arm. "Are you lost, little girl?" he taunted. I yanked my arm away and drew my wand. "Death eaters only," he said. I smirked and moved my cloak off my arm. His eyes widened and he stared at me. "Camilla Riddle?" he asked. I nodded. "I apologize, please allow me to introduce you." he said frantically. So I guess dear old dad doesn't want his little friends to know about me. Interesting. I walked in and the death eater held his wand to his throat. "Camilla Riddle has arrived and you will all bow to her," he said and his voice boomed through the pub. I took my hood off and handed the man my cloak. There were at least 50 death eaters that turned in shock. They immediately dropped to their knees and bowed their heads. I stared at them and nodded. "As you were," I said calmly. Then I walked to the bar. A man jumped off his stool and gave it to me. I sat down and the bartender immediately came over. He looked young, maybe 19 or 20. "Camilla Riddle, our future leader, I'm honored," he said. "Firewhiskey" I said plainly. He nodded and poured me a shot. "You know, it's funny, your brother was in here just a few days ago," he said. I paused and looked up at him. "And this is relevant to me because?" I asked. "Because I know you aren't our future leader, I know you despise us, so I'm in fact, just a bit curious why you're here." he said. I gritted my teeth and looked around. "If you know all that, then why haven't you called him. I'm sure you know it would get you a nice promotion." I said in a low voice. "Because another thing you'll find interesting is I despise your brother." he said as he looked at me curiously. My face fell. "What is it you want?" I asked. "Why don't you come upstairs with me?" he said. "No," I said plainly. "You can trust me," he said. "I don't know you," I said. "My name is Gavin Gates, pleasure" he said with a smirk. I sighed. "Fine," I said. I followed him upstairs and he shut the door. I gripped my wand and he looked at me. "I'm not going to hurt you," he said. "I know that," I said, narrowing my eyes at him. "Really? Because I know you didn't want to come upstairs with me because you probably thought I was going to rape you." he said. My face dropped. "You have no idea what you are talking about!" I snapped. "Yes, I do. I told you I know your brother. And he likes to talk. What do you think he talks about, Miss Riddle? The weather, potions, his favorite books? No, he talks about his father and how he's his second, and his favorite topic... you." he said. I stared at him. "Why am I here? What do you want?" I asked. "Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing. You knew it was a risk coming into this pub, yet you did it anyway. And I know it wasn't for firewhiskey. So tell me what you want and I'll help you." he said. "Why? Why would you help me?" I asked. "Because anyone who would let their own sister be raped shouldn't be our leader," he said. "I need information." I said. He nodded. "On what?" he asked. "My father is 71 years old, but he didn't live that long with clean eating and exercise." I said. "The horcruxes." Gavin said. I stared at him. "How did you-" I started. "Your brother talks a lot when he's drunk," he said. I just nodded. He started looking through the drawers and eventually he pulled out a picture and handed it to me. "Have you ever seen this snake?" he asked. I looked at it. "Nagini?" I asked. He nodded. "Your brother came in one night, last year, he was bragging about this huge snake he saw. He gave me this picture. The drunker version of him let it slip that Nagini was the one of the secrets to his fathers success." he said. I chuckled to myself and shook my head in disbelief. "One of the horcruxes.." I said. He nodded. "I can't thank you enough, Gavin. You have no idea how helpful this is." I said. "It's no problem. But I do need to ask something in return," he said. I looked at him. "What is it?" I said. "When this war is over, if the Potter kid wins, we all go to Azkaban. But- I only became a death eater so my brother wouldn't have to." he said. "That was very brave of you." I said. "It was stupid. Voldemort took it as a sign of cowardness and killed him. He didn't even get a proper burial." he said. My heart sank. "What was his name?" I asked. "Ian," he said quietly. I nodded. "You won't go to Azkaban and I will be sure that your brother receives a memorial grave at the Hogwarts site." I said. He smiled. "Thank you so much," he said. "Thank you," I replied. "If you need anything else, you can come back. I own this worthless joint." he said. "I appreciate that, Gavin." I said. "Be careful," he said. I nodded and left.

There was a wizard owned hotel just 2 apparition points away so I decided to stay there. I walked in and went to the desk. "Can I help you?" the woman said. "I'd like a room, please. 1 bed. For 1 week." I said. "Name?" she asked. "Camilla Ri- Carter-" I said. "1 galleon per night," she said. I handed her 7 galleons and she handed me a key. I went upstairs to Room 203 and went inside. I changed into pajamas and pulled the numerous books I snagged from the restricted section about horcruxes out of my bag. Then I ate my dinner and began to read. After over 3 hours and 4 books, I still had absolutely no idea how to destroy horcruxes. My only hope was to find as many as I could and bring them to Harry. So my next stop was the orphanage where my father used to live. My hope was that they could give me any idea of strange objects he may have had while he was there. If anything stood or or if he protected anything fiercely, it could possibly be a horcrux. I made a plan and finally fell asleep.