Chapter 41

2 HOURS EARLIER

HARRY'S POV

"Come on Mione, I know she's hiding something." I said. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Hermione asked. Ron and I nodded. She rolled her eyes and we walked down the hall. On the Marauders map, it said Camilla was in a storage closet. We stood around the corner and waited for her to leave. I saw Luna knock on the door. Then they walked down the hallway and disappeared. "Hermione, stand watch." I said handing her the map. She nodded. Ron and I crammed into the closet and shut the door a bit. "She lives here?" he asked. "You did tell her she couldn't stay in the dorm with Hermione and Ginny." I said. "I thought she would find a different dorm." he said. I shrugged. We began to look through her things. "What are we even looking for?" he asked. "I don't know. Anything that tells us her and her families plan for this year." I said. "Harry what if-" Ron started. "I'm not going to let them kill anyone else." I said sharply. "Hurry up you guys" Hermione whispered. I reached under her pillow and my fingers felt a hard leather spine. I pulled out a journal. "Bingo," Ron said. We walked out and shut the door. "What did you find?" Hermione asked as we walked back. I held up the diary and she gasped. "Absolutely not. You aren't going to read her diary." she exclaimed. "Why not?" Ron asked. "Because that's private." she said. I scoffed. "Hermione, no offense but she lost her right to privacy when she got Cedric killed." I said. That shut them both up. We returned to Gryffindor and sat down on the couch. "What have you got there?" Ginny asked. "He stole Camilla's diary" Hermione said. I rolled my eyes. Fred and George perked up and came over sitting with us. "Well... read it." Ron said. I opened up the first page and began to read.

I really wish I hadn't.

Journal Entry 1

When I found out Nathan and I were going to Hogwarts, I was the happiest I've ever been. Then I found out about this task. I have to help my father kill Harry Potter. If I don't, he will kill Nathan and me. How am I supposed to do that? Today, I sat on that chair in front of everyone and got sorted into Gryffindor. I met Harry and Hermione and Ginny and Ron and the funniest twins I've ever met, Fred and George. I know I don't know Harry well but why is his life worth less that Nathans or mine. Why should he die instead of us? I tried to tell Nathan, that we should tell Dumbledore. He could maybe protect Harry and us. Nathan said the only person I could trust was him. After dinner, Nathan and I had to go back home. Father found out I was sorted into Gryffindor. He used the cruciatus curse again. I wish that was the worse thing that happened. I will always prefer it to the death eaters. They beat me and raped me again. I couldn't stop them and neither could Nathan. Then when I got back to Hogwarts, Harry saw me. He healed me. He is so kind and caring. I can't kill him. I just can't. I have to figure out a way to warn him.

Journal Entry 5

Today was harder than any other day. I thought it would be good. I met a boy named Cedric today. He is really sweet. I think I might like him. Then him and Harry were selected as the Hogwarts champions. I had to act all surprised. It kills me everytime I have to lie to my new friends. They are all to good for me. I know I'm just going to have to betray them and that's what hurts even more. Draco Malfoy approached me today. He made me come to his dorm. He blames me for his mother being tortured. Then Nathan came in. And I found out Nathan tortured Draco's mother. Nathan acted in a way I've never seen before. He tried to torture Draco. He really scared me. I keep trying to tell myself it's just the stress. But I'm starting to wonder. Did he really become a death eater in training to protect me or is it for real?

Journal Entry 9

I kissed Cedric today. This was the first kiss I ever had that I wanted. By a boy I liked. But of course it was ruined. Nathan caught us. He called me a slut for liking a Hufflepuff. He showed his true colors today. He told me the truth about everything. About how he pretended to protect me his whole life. How he really wants to be a death eater. He only pretended to be my brother so he could keep and eye on me. I couldn't believe it. I told him I didn't believe him. He tortured me to prove it. I told him I was going to tell Dumbledore the plan. He said if I did, he would make sure Harry wasn't the only one that died. He said Draco and his family, Cedric and me would all go too. I was so mad, I went straight to Harry. I tried to get the courage to warn him. But I was a coward. I couldn't do it. Despite Nathan's behavior he is still my brother. I can't get him and all those people killed. I hate myself. I keep remebering his words. "You think I didn't know what those death eaters were doing to you?" he said. Nathan let those death eaters rape me for 4 years. He didn't care. I can barely let another person touch me without being terrified. I hate him.