Chapter 36

TIME JUMP: ONE MONTH

CAMILLA'S POV

School starts in exactly 2 days. I have never been more nervous for anything in my life. How do I face Harry? How do I face any of them? The people I was friends with all year, the people who cared for me and made me laugh. I betrayed them all. I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't live with Hermione and Ginny. I'll probably just find an empty dorm. I am just going to try to focus on my classes and take whatever punishments the students give me. If the Hufflepuffs want to beat me up everyday, that's fine. I deserve it.

After a lot of thinking, I also decided I can't go any further with Draco. I have to let him go. I refuse to put him in danger. If we get involved, he might end up like Cedric and I can't let that happen. I was reading one of Snape's books and it had a quote in it that I took as a sign that this was the right thing to do. It said...

You can love someone and still let them go.

I don't know if I love Draco. But I care about him. He deserves better than me.

I thought about all of this as I sat at the desk in Snape's office. I was mixing ingredients for a potion when he walked in. "What are you doing?" he asked. "Making polyjuice potion." I said quietly. "And why is that?" he asked. I looked down and kept following the instructions. "Camilla..." he said sternly. "School is starting. We have to go to Diagon Alley." I said. He looked at me with confusion. " I don't want to be Camilla Riddle yet. I want to be someone else when I go." I said. He signed and took the ladle from my hand. "Camilla, if you really don't want to go, I'll have Diana go.-" he started. I smiled. "Thank you Sir." I said. "You know you will have to face them eventually." he said. "I know. I'll have to see everyone for an entire school year." I said. He nodded and looked in the cauldron and smiled. "What?" I asked. "It's perfect." he said, then he walked out. I smiled to myself as I cleaned up my materials. At least I wouldn't fail potions.

I heard the beeping of my clock and I opened my eyes to sunlight flooding through the curtains in my room. I loved waking up to natural light. I never had any sunlight in the room I had as a kid. It's nice now. I looked at my trunk packed up on the floor. Yesterday, Diana returned from Diagon Alley with all my new books, and materials. I told Diana used materials were perfect but she insisted on buying everything brand new. Now the trunk was filled with all my clothes, my uniforms, robes, and of course my copy of The Great Gatsby. I carried it downstairs and put mine next to Nathans. He already sat at the table. He hasn't really talked much since that day father came. He mostly just ignores me. "Breakfast is served." Diana said. She put out fruit salad, waffles and bacon. "Thank you Diana." I said. "Of course, it is of course your last day here. I wanted it to be special." she said. I smiled at her. Snape came in and sat down. "Thank you Diana." he said. We all began to eat. I felt sad. I was going to miss Diana. She was too kind to me and Nathan. Especially Nathan, seeing how he acted towards her. He was such a jerk but she was always nice to him. "You two and Diana will be traveling to Kings Cross via port key ok?" Snape said. "What about you?" I asked. "I will be going straight to Hogwarts a bit later." he said. I nodded. "We should get going, you guys don't want to be late." she said. "That's debatable." I mumbled. She smiled at me. "Don't be nervous alright. You'll be just fine." she said. I nodded. I'm glad she wasn't worried. I didn't want her to. I knew it would be bad. I was as ready as I'll ever be. I helped clear the table then we got ready to go. I went upstairs to change. I put in jean capris and a light purple button up. I put on some gray converse and a sweater went downstairs. "See you at school Sir." I said. Snape nodded at me. I grabbed my trunk in one hand and put my other on the portkey. Nathan grabbed it. Then the world spun and we landed outside Kings Cross. We walked in and got to the platform. "Well, this is it." she said. I hugged her and she chuckled. "It's alright dear, I'm sure I'll see you again." she said. Nathan scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Let's go Camilla" he said in an annoyed tone. I stepped back. "Thank you Diana, for everything." I said. She smiled. "Of course dear. Feel free to write to me anytime." she said. I smiled. "Of course." I said. Then Nathan and I ran through the platform. We put our trunks away and I swung my bag over my shoulder. It had a few books and notebooks in it, along with my wand. I climbed onto the train and immediately felt the eyes on me. "Nathan, where are you going to-" I started turning around but he had disappeared. Great, just great. Off to a great start.