Chapter 102

CAMILLA'S POV

The day after I got my dark mark, I vowed to myself to never be like my family. I vowed to never use my dark mark or any of the abilities that came with it. But I also vowed to never help my father again. And I didn't mean to, but I didt. I've continuously put my friends in danger just by being around them. Ron was right. I'm the one they need saving from.
So I have a new vow.

I will be alone. If it keeps them safe, if it protects them, I'll be alone until the day I die.

I had never apparated using my dark mark before so when I landed, I immediately dropped to my knees and puked. I could feel my dark mark swirling on my arm. I had no idea where I had even appeared. As I looked around, I recognized the market at the very end of the street. Then I knew where I was. I walked down the street to the door on the end of the building and knocked. I have never been more relieved to see Professor Snape open the door.

"Camilla? What are you doing here?" he exclaimed. "I don't know," I said quietly. He gave me a look of concern and nodded. "Get inside before the muggles see you," he said. I walked in and he shut the door. "Diana!" he called. She walked in and smiled when she saw me. "Camilla! I wondered when I'd see you again." she said warmly as she gave me a hug. I gave her a small smile and nodded. "Diana, could you make her some tea please? And grab her a warm blanket," he whispered. She nodded and walked off. Snape sat me down and pulled a chair in front of me. "Camilla, tell me what happened," he said. "They've lived there their whole lives. And now it's gone." I said. "What?" he asked. "They burned it down. Bellatrix. She set the burrow on fire. Because of me. It's my fault." I said. His face fell. "It's not your fault," he said. I laughed. "You're joking right?!" I exclaimed as I stood up. "Camilla-" he started. "Dumbledore warned me. He told me that if I went there and if anything that happened to my friends, it would be my fault. And something happened! Because I was selfish! I wanted to have a stupid holiday with Harry and now the Weasley's don't have a house! Ron was right. He said that I can't save anyone when I'm the one they need saving from!" I yelled. "Camilla, that's not true," he said. "I keep hurting the people I love. Cedric is dead because of me. Who's next? You? Draco? Harry?" I asked. "Camilla, calm down," he said. "No! I shouldn't even be here. I don't want them to burn down your house too! I don't know why I am. I don't even know how I got here." I said. "Did you apparate?" he asked. I looked down and pulled up my sleeve. "You used your mark?" he said in shock. I nodded. "Well, when you don't pick a location to apparate to, your subconscious selects the place you feel safest." he said. "Oh" I said quietly. He nodded. "You are going to stay here for the remainder of the break," he said. "No." I said. He scoffed. "Yes. I am your legal guardian which means I decide. And there are far too many wards around my property for them to damage it." he said. I sighed. "Fine." I said. Diana brought me some tea and a blanket and I thanked her. I sat back down and drank my tea. Snape sat down too. "I'm have to tell Dumbledore about Draco." I said. He looked up at me sharply. "What? What are you talking about?" he exclaimed. "I know about Draco. I was there." I said. He said nothing. "I don't really remember much but I was there. I know he's marked, I know about the cabinet and I know he has to kill Dumbledore." I said. Snape stared at me. "And I know you know. I heard you talking about the unbreakable vow." I said. "Camilla, why didn't you tell anyone?" he asked. I stared at the floor and pause before answering. "I didn't know for a while. I mean- I couldn't figure it out. Because of my memories, you know, But I just have these instincts to protect Draco. And if I told anyone, they would take him to Azkaban if Nathan didn't kill him first." I said. Snape just nodded. "But you said you love Potter," he said. "I do." I said. He nodded again. "Do you trust me, Camilla?" he asked. "More than anyone," I said. "Let me speak to Dumbledore about this. I will tell him enough so that he is prepared but also so that Draco is still protected. Ok?" he said. I nodded. "Ok." I said. He nodded. "Why don't you get some sleep? You can stay in your old room," he said. I nodded and headed upstairs. I fell asleep almost instantly. After I cried.