Chapter 24

CAMILLA'S POV

"Riddle" a weak voice said. I had fallen asleep but I sat up quickly. Draco's eyes were open and he was looking at me. "Are you alright? Do you need more of the pain potion?" I asked. He nodded slightly. I grabbed it and lifted the back of his head up gently and poured it down his throat. Then I sat down on the bed next to him. "I'm so sorry." I said softly. He gave a small smile. "It's ok Riddle." he said. "He shouldn't have done that, you didn't do anything-" I started. "Hey, hey... it's fine. It's like you said, none of us are innocent." he said. I just nodded. I looked at the clock. "The task, it's starting! I have to get to the docks." I said. He nodded and started to sit up. "What are you doing? You can't come, your body is still recovering." I said. He stood up and buttoned his shirt. "I'm not letting you go alone. Nathan is still mad at you. I don't trust him." he said. Draco put on his jacket and shoes and so did I. We started walking. My mind kept filling with thoughts. "Draco, why are you doing this?" I asked. "What?" he asked. "I mean why me?" I asked. He didn't say anything. "Do you like me?" I asked. "I don't know Riddle." he said. I just nodded. "Do you like me?" he asked. "I don't know." I said. He nodded too. "What did Nathan tell you about me?" I asked. "What do you mean?" he asked. "That day in the hall with Cedric, when he was talking about me and those guys. I saw the look on your face. Did Nathan tell you anything else about it?" I asked. He shook his head. "Really?" I asked. "He just said that you are a- a slut and you hooked up with the death eaters that came to your house." he said. My heart sank. I felt a lump in my throat grow. "Oh." I said. We walked in silence the rest of the time. I couldn't tell him the truth. I don't know why. I told Cedric. But I just can't tell him.

"Well, look what we have here." Blaise said as we walked up to where him and Nathan were standing. "Shocker." Nathan said. "I'm going to sit with Ginny and Neville." I said. I started to walk away but Nathan grabbed my wrist and yanked me back. "You better hope Harry doesn't die because you were off fucking Malfoy instead of focusing on what we came here to do." he said sharply. I pulled my wrist away. "Got it." I said. I walked up to Ginny and Neville who were standing on the platform talking to Harry. Neville handed Harry some Gillyweed. Of course, why didn't I think of that. It'll help him breathe underwater. "Hey guys!" I said. Ginny and Neville said hi. Harry looked at me nervously. I pulled him to the side and hugged him. He hugged me back hesitantly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. Don't drown please. I was just upset. Yes, Nathan can be a little rough sometimes but he's my brother." I said. "Cam, if he hurts you,that's not ok." Harry said. "He's my blood, I can handle it." I said. Harry just nodded. "Are you nervous?" I asked. He nodded. "Where's Ron and Hermione?" I asked. "Beats me. I haven't seen them since last night." he said. "How could they not be here? They are your best friends!" I exclaimed. Before he could answer, Dumbledore's voice boomed through the crowd. "Welcome to the second task, last night something was stolen from each of our champions, a treasure of sorts, to win, they must find their treasure and return to the surface. They have one hour, after that they are on their own. No magic can save them." He said. "The only thing better than beating the crap out of Malfoy would be watching Cedric die today." Nathan whispered in my ear. I turned around and he stood behind me with Blaise and Draco. I just shook my head at him. "He won't because he is a better wizard than you'll ever be and you are just jealous." I said. He gripped the back of my neck and dug his nails into my flesh. I winced. "We'll see." he said. The canon blasted and the champions dove in. Ginny, Neville and I stood there. We were all a nervous wreck. "Do you see anything?" Ginny asked after 20 minutes. I shook my head. Then Fleur came up crying with nothing. She was speaking french but I guess she couldn't do it. Her treasure was still down there. I felt bad. 35 minutes in Cedric's head appeared in the water with Cho Chang. He was alive. I turned and looked at Nathan. "We'll see huh?" I said. "Don't test me Camilla," he said. I just turned around. They got out of the water and wrapped up in towels. Ginny and I helped. Cho was shivering. "Are you alright?" Ginny asked her. "Just a bit cold." she said. Ginny and I chuckled. "Gee, I wonder why?" I said. She laughed. Then I saw it. The necklace. Cedric gave it to her. I felt my eyes water but I wiped them away. "Are you crying?" Ginny whispered to me. "No, just something in my eye." I said. "Hey Cho, I like your necklace." Nathan said. I looked up at him sharply. "Thank you." she said smiling. Her and Cedric hugged and started talking. He's happy. Just accept it Camilla. He couldn't be with you. It's not safe. Just be happy he's happy. "Congrats Cedric!" I said. He smiled at me. Then Krum's head popped out of the water with Hermione. They swam over. "Merlin's beard!" Ginny yelled. "Hermione!" I said. Ginny and I hugged her. He gave her a robe and towels. She was shaking. "That's where you were. You were a treasure." I said. "Ya" she said her teeth were chattering. "Thank goodness you're ok!" Ginny said. "Look at the time. Harry has 5 minutes." I said. Ginny nodded. Suddenly Ron and a little blonde girl came up. Fleur started crying for her sister. Ron swam over to us. "Where's Harry?" I said frantically. Hermione, Ginny and I all started rushing and asking him questions. Then Harry shot out of the water and onto the platform coughing. "Harry!" I yelled. We all cheered. We gave him towels. I hugged him. "I thought I told you not to drown." I said. He laughed. Dumbledore started talking. He announced that in first place was Cedric, second was Harry for outstanding moral fiber, 3rd was Krum and fourth was Fleur. We got on the boats and left. One the docks we started to walk back, all talking together. "Good Job Harry" Nathan said walking by. "Yeah Thanks" Harry said. They walked away and Harry looked at me. I just nodded.