NEW Ch. 55: The Fallen Angel of Corruption

Kuoh Academy

3rd Person POV

"Wha-What is this?!" Issei questioned in shock.

"It looks like some weird black dome." Saji said. "It's really friggin' hot!" He claimed, wiping away a trail of sweat.

"Akeno. You feel it too right?" Rias questioned her friend.

"Yeah. It's just like the black fire (Y/N) produces. Hellblaze fire." She confirmed.

"That's cool and all, but what's with the giant barrier? Where'd that come from?" Saji questioned. 

"It's most likely a Perfect Dome spell, but something seems different about it. Aside from the black fire all over it." Sona claimed

"It's just as Lady Sona claims!" Announced a familiar voice. "It's a barrier spell known as Perfect Dome, combined with the devastating power of darkness." Whis claimed, descending to join the devils of Sitri and Gremory.

"Whis?" Rias looked rather baffled. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Lord Beerus took it upon himself to gather some willing combatants in hopes of stopping whatever the former members of the Church have planned." He claimed, looking back to the massive burning barrier. "However, I feel my Lord's presence much further away now. As if he was forcefully removed from the area."

"Seriously?! Someone forced Beerus away?!" Rias questioned with worry and shock.

"Indeed. And now, all that's left is the Fallen Angel General, his lackeys, and (Y/N) himself. And he isn't fairing too well." He claimed.

Rias, Akeno, and all the other devils of the Gremory Peerage quickly began to worry more.

"Everyone! Back up!" Rias ordered as she and Akeno summoned a large amount of magic in hopes of breaking their way into the Perfect Dome.

Summoning a large amount of Ruin Fire and lightning, the two unleashed their unrelenting power onto the face of the barrier. The impact of the attacks seemed to be effective. However, as the smoke cleared, the barrier seemed completely unaffected.

"Nothing." Growled Akeno. "Not even so much as a scratch."

Whis sighed. "It's a spell related to Perfect Cube. Both of which are completely impenetrable."

"That's not all." Sona said. "Look down."

As Sona suggested, everyone looked down and saw the bottom of the black flame-engulfed barrier moving towards them.

"It's moving?" Issei questioned.

"More accurately, it's expanding." Whis corrected. "As Lady Sona mentioned before, this barrier is different. Apart from the Hellblaze fire which has completely layered itself over, it appears to be expanding its reach to outside your Academy's campus. If not stopped, the barrier will engulf everything around it and reduce it to cinder." He explained.

"Rias, hurry inside and help (Y/N). We'll erect a barrier of our own and prevent this thing from expanding any further." She said as she and her servants summoned magic circles below them, floating on high and conjuring their own barrier to contain the slowly expanding burning barrier within. "There. If nothing drastic happens, it should be able to prevent anything, from getting damaged."

"Thank you, Sona. Thank you, Whis." Rias smiled thankfully to her friend. "This means so much."

Suddenly, Tsubaki Shinra appeared from behind the Gremory devils via a magic circle.

"Tsubaki. How's Irina?" Issei questioned.

"Her condition is not life-threatening. She can thank Asia for that." She said, joining her fellow devils with the maintaining of the barrier.