NEW Ch. 60: Rekindling

3rd Person POV

Outside Kuoh City

A lone wood cabin stood humbly within the outskirts of Kuoh city, hidden rather deeply in the forestry. Was rather simple in design, but was called home to the couple who lived there.

Daybreak arose from the thick trees, shining through the many cracks of the bushy leaves.

Within the cabin, a young black-haired man slowly arose from his slumber.

The man yawned and saw his bed was empty, apart from himself. He suddenly caught the whiff of something sweet and succulent coming from outside his bedroom. 'She must be making breakfast.' He surmised, rubbing his tired green eyes. He went to the bathroom and cleaned himself up, slicking his spiky black hair back.

He donned his clothing, a black compression shirt, a white hoodie with a familiar purple mark, thin red baggy over-jacket, worn jeans with knee guards, and red fingerless gloves. He grabbed his headphones and left the room, following the scent of food into the kitchen.

Upon arrival, he spotted the one cooking the delicious smelling cuisine, a long-haired blonde woman in a yellow sweater and skinny jeans loomed over the stove. He approached her from behind and wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his face into her back, as she was somewhat taller than him. "Morning hon."

The woman smiled happily. "Good morning, darling."

"Smells delicious, what's the occasion?" He asked.

"Well, you're going out searching for them today. Thought a filling and delicious meal would give you the energy you needed." The woman smiled as she continued to cook.

"Don't forget about yourself. Need to make sure you're taken care of too." The short man reminded.

"I'll be fine until dinner. You gave me more than enough last night~" She said, turning back and giving him a seductive glade from the side of her eye.

The man, remembering to what she was referring to, blushed heavily and chuckled. "Yeah well..." He attempted to think of a comeback but failed.

The woman giggled at her husband's cute stuttering, finishing up the dishes. "Come. Let's eat." She said, walking to the table and setting the dishes on the table, revealing breakfast sandwiches consisting of French toast, thick cuts of cooked ham, fried eggs, and a hash brown patty.

The man practically drooled at the sight of the dish. "Oh wow..." He marveled.

"You're supposed to eat it darling." She giggled.

"R-Right." The man snapped out of his trance and joined his wife at the table.

Time Skip

"You have everything?" The wife asked her husband.

"I should." He said, tightening his red fingerless gloves securely onto his hands. He takes a moment to think, simply sitting in silence as he looked to the floor.

"What's wrong?" The wife asked worriedly.

"It's just...what if they're not here anymore? We can't even feel one of their presences anymore. It's like he just vanished. I don't-" He was suddenly silenced by being bonked on the head by something plastic. He looked up and saw his wife with his white and red headphones.

"Stop thinking like that. We felt his presence very prominently the other day. And even more so when that divine presence came to that city. After everything we've heard on our travels, it has to be him." She assured, sliding the headphones around his neck. "You'll find them."