Gratitude

*a/n* This chapter is so long for no reason lmao sorry...

*Buzz Buzz Buzz Buzz Buzz*

You sighed from the constant buzzing of your phone. You threw it on the floor earlier because it was giving you a headache.

The only thing you were interested in was how Salone was doing so you could see her later but now with people checking on you, it was just a lot.

Now it's around 4am and you couldn't sleep anymore because that's all you've been doing so you were playing whatever song that came to your head on your keyboard.

"♫And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one...♫"

You tried to play as softly as you could so you wouldn't wake Shinsou next door but you didn't know if it was working. You would've your headphones plugged into the keyboard but they were dead.

"♪And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone...♪"

"♩Guess you didn't mean what you said that one night about me...♩" you changed this part of the song as you were thinking of... them. But why were you...

"♬'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street...♬"

After a while, you were getting hungry, you might as well eat.

You slowly got up, wiped the dried tear marks from your cheeks, wrapped a blanket around your shoulders, and walked downstairs.

Everyone else was still sleeping.

You saw that the living room was filled with decorations. The tree was up but it was half decorated. Some turned-off lights were hanging loosely on the walls and ceiling.

Maybe they couldn't reach.

Before going into the kitchen, you fixed the hanging lights.

You didn't feel like getting shit out and making something so you just made a hot pocket.

While eating, you saw some other unprepared food and some ideas came to your head.

Even though you didn't have the energy to really make anything before, you wanted to be nice to the other students for caring for you.

After your last bite, you gathered a shitload of ingredients to make breakfast for the 21 of them.

Some time past and you were plating the food.

"Oh, you're still alive-"

"AHH! Oh my..." you jumped from fear when you turned around, almost dropping some food. "What are you doing?"

"It's 5am and I have practice later... what are you doing?" Shinsou leaned against the kitchen door. You didn't even hear him coming.

"Why do you have practice during break?" you walked past him to the table.

"I don't but I was awakened so why not-"

"Omg you sleep?" you said in fake shock.

"I would've Ms. drivers license..."

"Oh shit, you did hear me..."

"Who were you singing about anyway?"

You paused. "...why do you think it's about someone?"

"You changed some of the lyrics... um did... you sing it for Bakug-"

"No!" you noticed how loud you got and lowered your voice. "Not everything is fucking about him, I'm not sad cuz of him, can people shut up about him-"