Chapter 18

Brantley's POV:

Oh my gosh. Jaclyn could be pregnant. We could be parents.

B: after the hospital concert we can go get you pregnancy tests.
J: alright.

I helped her up and she got dressed.

Jaclyns POV:

I feel numb knowing I could be pregnant. I changed into skinny jeans and a crop top that showed my stomach alittle. I had my belly button pierced so you saw the music note ring. I put on my black leather boots and let my hair down. I did little make up and was ready. I walked out and Brantley pulled me into a hug. He gave me a kiss and we left.

When we got to the hospital the little kids weren't suppose to leave their rooms. We were going to three different kids rooms. We went into this little boys room who had a feeding tube in his stomach and a nose tube stuck on with a bumble bee sticker. Brantley sat down in a chair next to him and started talking to him. I stood back till Brantley motioned for me. I went over and he pulled me into his lap. The little boy got up and we played with play dough and blocks. I stacked them and he knocked them over. Brantley stood in the corner and watched. I sat on the floor and the little boy curled up in my lap. I rocked him until he fell asleep. Brantley came over and picked him up. He laid him down in the hospital bed while I wheeled his monitors over. I covered him up and kissed his head. Brantley wrapped his arm around my waist and we headed to the next room.

Brantley's POV:

When Jaclyn was playing with the little boy I took pictures. I took one and he was trying to walk to her and she was smiling big and he had a huge smile on his face. Some of her hair was in the way. It was a really cute picture. I set it as my home screen and locked my phone. The next room was a little girl with cancer. She was 8 years old. I opened the door and she smiled. I went over and sat next to her.

NURSE: She just had chemo yesterday so she is low on energy.
B: alright.

Jaclyn stood in the back. I played a couple songs. Her name was Paige. Paige sat up and asked Jaclyn to colour with her. She sat on the edge of the bed and coloured with her. I sat near their feet and watched. We talked and laughed. Paige laid her head on Jaclyns shoulder. After she passed out she grabbed a pillow and put it under her head. I signed a picture of us and left it next to her bed.

4 hours later

We were finally done with visiting with all the kids.

B: ready to go get the tests?
J: yeah. I'll go in by myself real quick so if I'm not pregnant there aren't rumours going around.
B: alright.

She put on a hat and jacket with sunglasses. She came back 10 minutes later. She had three different boxes.

J: can we stop and get something to eat?
B: yeah.

We stopped at subway and ate their. When we got home she went up to the bedroom bathroom and took them. I was pacing back and forth. She opened the door.

B: So.
J: I'm.......