Chapter 19:

Brantley's POV:

J: I'm.... Pregnant.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist. I picked her up and spun her around. I kissed her and set her down.

B: we are gonna be parents.
J: I know baby.

I leaned down and kissed her on her lips then got down on my knees and lifted her up her crop top I kissed her stomach and said

B: hey peanut. I'm your daddy. I can't wait for you to get here.

I kissed her stomachs and got to my feet and looked at her.

B: I can't wait to be a dad.
J: your gonna be an amazing dad baby.
B: your gonna be an amazing mom. I saw how you were with the little kids today. You were amazing with them.
J: I saw how you were with the kids too babe. I can't wait.

I gave her a kiss and picked her up bridal style and carried her to the bed. I laid down next to her and crawled in next to her. I wrapped my arms around her back and rested my hands on her stomach and fell asleep.

Hours later

I woke up to the sound of vomiting. I got up and tied her hair back then when she got done I handed her a rag and she laid her head on my chest. I kissed her head and rubbed her back.

J: I have an appt at 1 to make sure I am really pregnant.
B: alright. Get dressed. It's 12:15
J: okay

I got her up and she changed. I got dressed and waited downstairs.

Jaclyns POV:

I changed into skinny jeans and a baggy tank top with wedges. I let my hair lay down and went downstairs.

When B saw me he smiled and wrapped me in a hug. I gave him a kiss and we left. When we got to the doctor I signed in and filled in the paperwork. I sat down next to Brantley and waited.

20 minutes later

They took us back and to a room. Brantley helped me on the exam table. I laid back and waited. He sat next to me and laid his head on the edge of the table. I lifted my shirt up and she squeezed the gel. I squirmed for a second because it was cold. Brantley rubbed the top of my hand. The nurse found the baby.

N: you are almost in your 2nd month. You want to listen to the heart beat?
J: yes

We heard the heart beat and that when it became real. I started to tear up. I wiped my eyes and smiled. She wiped the gel off and gave us the pictures. I sat up and looked at Brantley. His eyes were red too from crying.

J: we are going to momma beckys now.
B: okay.

We got in the car and headed to the store. I had this really cute idea where you take a baby's first teddy bear and tape it to a small chalkboard that says " promoted to grandma ". I got it all together and packed in the bag. We pulled into the driveway and got out. She came out and looked really confused. Brantley grabbed the bag and we went inside. I set my phone up to record.

MB: What are y'all doing here?
B: we got some news for ya.
MB: Like what?
J: Open the bag.

She pulled out the tissue paper and saw the teddy bear and chalk board. She covered her mouth and kinda screamed. I laughed and wrapped my arms around Brantley. She looked up and had tears in her eyes.

MB: How far along?
J: Almost 2 months.
MB: When did you find out?
B: today.

She squealed and came over and hugged me then Brantley. When she was hugging B I stopped the recording. I put my phone in my pocket and went over to them. She wrapped her arms around my neck and cried tears of joy.