3 - Of Course It's The Main Character

Okay Ken, calm down. There's only a yandere right here seeing you read a book about her family. Everything is fine.

...

Everything's not fine.

She was really pretty, with blond hair tied in a ponytail and blue eyes. Her ears slightly stuck out, with pointed tips. She was an elf, in real life. She wore a blue dress with black shoes.

Everything's not fine.

...

Wait, I have a plan.

I don't believe Iris Aegis is yandere yet.

The reason that Iris Aegis is such a scary yandere is the fact that she is super kind, even to those mean to her. Like an angel. But if someone hurts her love, Eric, she'll kill them without a bat of the eye.

A complete turn around.

But I don't think she's yandere yet. Let's just say that in the anime some shit happens that I believe makes her the way she is. It's never explicitly stated what makes her yandere, but she goes through some stuff that's likely the cause.

And she hasn't met Eric yet. Her object of affection. He should be arriving to Japan soon, but not yet. She shouldn't be yandere.

So I'll just dissuade her interest in me by being a complete jerk and showing her I don't want to talk to her at all. After all, who would want to talk to someone who seems to hate them?

I placed the book back onto the shelf while looking at Iris in the corner of my eye. What to say, what to say...

Got it.

"I don't need your help." I said as coldly as I could. Immediately I turned around and started to walk away.

I could feel cold sweat drip down my face.

"Rude." I heard her mutter as I walked away.

Doesn't seem like anything happened. Just in case, I need to get to a public place quick.

I quickly left the library, walking towards a nearby park filled with people. I sat down at the fountain, sighing in relief.

I should be fine. Hopefully this dissuades her from ever talking to me again, shall we ever meet again.

My pocket suddenly started to buzz, making me slightly jump in alarm. I need to calm down, everything's fine now.

Pulling out my phone, I noticed it was a text from the owner of my apartment complex.

Basically, the only reason I'm allowed to stay at my apartment by myself is because my parents are friends with the owner of the complex.

The owner of the complex also happens to be Ellie Arthurson, the aunt of Eric, the main character. Dangerous, but better than being alone, out in the streets.

Ellie: Hey Ken, my nephew is coming to Japan today. Since you two are the same age, I was wondering if you can give him a tour.

Me: Can I refuse?

Ellie: Don't be like that. Besides, your parents already promised me that you would.

Damn you and damn my parents! He's the one person I need to avoid the most!

...can't anything go my way today?

Me: What do I need to do?

Ellie: Meet me at the train station. After that I have to go for some important business.

Me: Fine, I'll be there.

Sighing, I pocketed my phone. It's almost time for canon to start. The anime starts a month into Eric's life here in Japan and the start of my life at the adventurer high school.