115 - The Boss Battle

Everything was spinning. Where was I?

As I regained focus, I realized I was in a dark void. It reminded me of the first time that I had met Loki.

"Ken!" Loki worriedly yelled. "Are you alright?!"

"I'm...fine..." I mumbled.

As I looked around, there wasn't anything here except for some spherical-like rocks which reminded me of asteroids.

I knew they weren't asteroids though, because I wasn't in space. This has to be the void.

The void. Why had I done it? Why did I decide to sacrifice myself like a stereotypical idiot anime protagonist?

He was already climbing out of the void. If I had cut my leg off then there would be no way to stop him. At least I've delayed him.

And then the girls are going to give him hell when he goes back...

Only one other person was floating in the void. His eyes snapped open as he reorientated himself. He looked around, before releasing a blood-curdling scream of rage as a dark pillar of aura pierced the void, before it disappeared.

He turned towards me, his furious eyes connecting with mine. In an instant he zoomed towards me, red lightning sparking as he held me up by the neck.

"Damn you, always having to be a pain in the ass till the end." He growled.

He slammed his fist into my face, my vision going blurry as he let go of me.

"Ken!" Loki gasped.

"No matter. It won't take long until I return." He sighed.

I wiped my face, blood smearing onto my hand. He definitely broke my nose with that hit. My body ached, now with a broken nose and a missing arm.

I aimed my hand towards Lupercio, a huge blast of blue fire shooting out of my hand and slamming into him.

He wasn't fazed, instead just looking at me annoyed. He flew towards me once more, sending a kick into my stomach which made my body arch up as spit and blood flew out of my body.

"Don't you get it?" He asked, grabbing my hair and making me look at him. "It's futile. You've lost."

"Damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it!" Loki yelled.

I didn't say anything, just glaring at him.

"Want me to elaborate? Let me show you just how bad your position is. You're stuck here, all alone with me." Lupercio stated.

"And you were the only real threat to me. But here, you're nothing but an annoying bug. Wonder what that makes the rest of them?" He snickered.

I reared my fist back, trying to punch him in the face. He caught my fist with his other hand.

"Ah Ah Ah, let me finish." He replied, shaking his head. "Your little seal broke, meaning that I can't be sealed a third time."

"And your seal, your trump, broke. Your seal creates a hole to the void, which in turn makes it impossible to get out without power." He stated.

"But I have a steady source." He grinned. "Souls travel through the void to get to wherever they're supposed to."

"But now I'm here to feed on those souls, letting me regain my power." He laughed. "So with no way to seal me again, and with me not having lost much power, it won't be long until my feeding on souls will allow me to return."

"Oh no..." Loki muttered in horror.

And then I realized. Hel had said that for some reason souls had stopped going to her realm. It was because the Demon King had been consuming them.