88 - A Lesson In Magic

"So there is actually a trainer there?" Asked the Principal through the phone.

"Yes." I replied. "We're going to set up camp."

I had just exited the tower. The girls quickly checked to see if I was alright, finally letting me go once they saw I was unharmed.

Then I called Principal like she told us too.

"To think that you and Erica were Chosen...just be careful, alright?" Principal stated.

"We will." I nodded.

"Good. Call me if anything else happens. It's crazy over here with the increase in rifts..." Principal sighed, before hanging up.

There's been an increase in rifts recently, no doubt the Demon King trying to cause as much chaos and terror as possible to finally break his way through.

Although we still have multiple arcs left, it's only a couple of months. Hopefully I can get a lot stronger with the help of Merlin.

"How are the tents going?" I asked the others.

"Good!" Erica replied. "Now we just need to figure out who's with who..."

Looking over, they had configured all four of the tents. I would have liked to have more, but there were too many to carry.

Which means that we'll have to be sharing tents with each other. We have a total of eight people, which means that there will be two people per tent.

I think we all know where this is going.

"Rock paper scissors!" The girls yelled.

The contest lasted for a while.

"Yes!" Amber pumped her fist, having won the tournament and therefore the right to sleep next to me.

I'd rather not sleep next to anyone but we don't have the space to put three girls into one tent. Not to mention they likely wouldn't allow me...

A yawn escaped my mouth. I don't have the energy to even fight it. I'm so tired...whatever Merlin did to give me that Tier really took the energy right out of me...

"Goodnight." I said, climbing into the tent. I got out my sleeping bag and shimmied into it to the point where I looked like a caterpillar.

It's nice and warm...

I heard the tent open as Amber got in, zipping up the door behind her. She pulled out her own sleeping bag and got into it.

I closed my eyes, ready to go to sleep in the silence of the night before Amber suddenly spoke.

"Hey Ken. Are you awake?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied. "What is it?"

"I never really told you, but thank you. Thank you for everything." She stated.

"I didn't do that much." I denied.

"Ken." She said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"It might have been small to you. But to me...that was everything. You freed me from them, for good." She stated.

"You saved me. You cared for me. You got angry for me. No one except for Dad has ever done that for me." She continued.

"You didn't care that I was a delinquent, or yakuza, or like to fight. You cared for who I was." She added. "I love you."

"I don't deserve that." I replied.

"And I don't care." Amber argued. "Because you will be mine. I am not going to give you up."

She leaned over, surprising me with a small peck on my cheek. I looked over at her as she pulled back, giving me a wink.