75 - Chaos In The Arena

(Iris POV)

I took a deep breath, trying to keep myself calm. I was going to be fighting THE Bianca Tsuki.

Honestly, she was quite intimidating with her emotionless attitude and her extreme potential as an upcoming Adventurer.

However, I admire her. To get to Tier 7 at where she is, only few can do that. And her prowess with the spear is amazing.

I don't idolize her as much as I did before. I idolize Ken a lot more now. He works just as hard as Bianca does and even made it to Tier 5 in one year.

He caught up to me in one year, and even helped me get out of my slump. It may not seem like much to him, but it felt like a lot to me.

Maybe he's gotten even further...

That's why I need to do good on this match. But I don't think I'll win. Not against her.

Still, I want to impress Ken so he can compliment me once more. It's unfortunate that he won't be able to watch my fight, but he should be able to watch the recording.

I prioritize the health of Ken over my own satisfaction. He needs some sleep after the constant fighting. It takes a toll on the body.

"Alright everyone!" The first announcer's voice cut through my thoughts. "The second semifinal match is about to begin!"

"Let's spin the wheel and see what stage we get!" The second announcer stated, grabbing the wheel and spinning it.

The wheel spun and spun before slowly landing to a stop on a picture of multiple trees.

The ground shifted as the course changed to a forest. It was as simple as that. A bunch of trees covering a grassy plain.

"We have the classic stage 'Forest'!" The first announcer stated. "Now, for our two contestants that will be fighting..."

"Our first is Bianca Tsuki from Legacy High!" The second announcer exclaimed, the crowd going wild.

"Our second fighter is Iris Aegis, also from Legacy High!" The first added.

The crowd went wild once more.

The gate to the field opened, allowing me through. Entering the arena, I gave a short wave towards the crowd before summoning Zeus and going into the forest.

Bianca is incredibly skilled with her spear, however if I'm able to block her attacks I'll have a good chance against her.

Moving through the forest, I kept on the lookout for Bianca. She's definitely going to engage me first, so I'll have to block it.

A faint whoosh caught my attention. Spinning around, I blocked Bianca's incoming spear. My electricity shocked her in a counter-attack, but it didn't seem to have an affect on her.

Looking at her closely, it seemed a layer of ice covered her body as some sort of protective armor. Could that be blocking the current?

Bianca sent a multitude of stabs in quick succession. I barely blocked all of them due to their quick speed.

Static electricity sparked all over Bianca, yet it still had no affect over her. This isn't good.

Bianca extended her arm out, creating multiple spikes of ice in the air. I wouldn't be able to block them all with my shield.

She launched them at me. I quickly readied my shield in front of myself, before lightning spread out of it, creating a large shield which covered my whole body.

The spikes hit the electric shield, becoming nullified as they collapsed onto the ground.

Bianca created more ice spikes, sending them towards me in a barrage. However, each and every one was nullified.