78 - The End Of The Tournament

I sat on the bed, sighing to myself. That whole thing was a disaster I could have been more prepared for.

Well, it is what it is. There's nothing I can do about it now.

I was currently in a different hotel room from my previous one as a contestant since my floor was trashed by my fight with Stryker.

They have no idea I'm the one that murdered him. Since I killed him with his own Arcana, no trace was left to get any fingerprints. I also got rid of other incriminating evidence like cameras.

They ended up assuming that a Child Of Lupercio killed him and that I was lucky enough to not be in my room at the time, since my room was the most trashed place.

If only they knew that there actually was a Child Of Lupercio there, but not in the way that they had thought.

Anyways, due to the damage done to my room, there was no way I could sleep there tonight. So, for tonight I'm in Irene's hotel room.

Even though we were in the city that the tournament was being held this year, it was still on the other side of Tokyo.

Speaking of the tournament, for obvious reasons it was cancelled. There were many injuries and deaths, and the public was going crazy over this new "cult" group.

Honestly, the only cult group around is The Cult Of Loki which Irene and the others made...

Anyways, Tokyo is going crazy, and so are other cities in Japan too, now that they have been slightly involved due to the incident at the tournament.

Stryker died and Eiko went missing. That's two casualties from other cities.

Well, they deserved it. Especially that scumbag Eiko...

I flexed my hand. It was strange. Something inside of me had snapped, and while I was aware of everything I was doing, it didn't feel like I was completely in control.

I tried to summon that crimson lightning, but it slightly sparked in my hand before disappearing. Another failure.

Whatever had happened, it had created something inside of me. I pulled out my adventurers card, looking at the new information.

Tier 7 - Ch4$&A/o0s@0

What does this even mean?

Loki, do you have any ideas?

"Ken..." Loki said. "This isn't one of my powers."

What?

"The fire, the illusions, the shape shifting, even the armor you stole from me all are weakened versions of my powers." Loki explained.

"But never have I ever wielded lightning and electricity. That's the domain of Thor." Loki continued.

Then where did it come from?

"I have no idea." Loki sighed. "I've never seen crimson lightning before. It doesn't ring a bell."

Strange...

I tried once more to summon the lightning, but it only flickered in my hands before fading away. What could it mean?

The door to the hotel room opened, snapping me out of my thoughts. Irene walked into the room, placing a bag onto the table.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I got us some snacks." Irene replied.

"Oh, thanks." I nodded.

Irene left the snacks on the table, sitting down next to me on the bed.

"What's it like outside?" I asked.

"Like a ghost town." Irene sighed. "It's only been a day but everybody is afraid to go outside."

"I can't blame them. Not after what happened." I replied. "It's not going to be a day easily forgotten."

We sat in a small, comfortable silence. Irene then suddenly spoke with a new subject.

"That girl, did you know her?" She asked. "The blue-haired one. You two seemed familiar. Iris even said you exchanged a short conversation."

Contrary to her words, she didn't sound jealous at all. Rather, she was her usual calm self.

"I briefly fought her back when Goku and I attacked the Takao headquarters." I stated.

"I see, then I was correct in my assumption." Irene thought to herself.

"What assumption?" I wondered.

"The same people that allied with the Takao Family and increased their power are the same group that attacked us. The Children Of Lupercio." Irene stated.

Well, you are correct.

A sudden buzz of my phone distracted me. Pulling it out, I got a text from an unknown number.

???: Ken.

Me: Who is this?

???: It's Bianca.

How the hell did Bianca get my number?

"Why does Bianca have your number?" Irene asked, her eyes narrowing.

"I have no idea." I sighed as I replied to her text.

Me: What is it?

Bianca: In five days, meet me at the entrance to the school.

I could feel Irene's glare pierce my back.

"I don't know why she wants to meet with meC but it could be important. Can I go?" I asked her.

"Only if you kiss me." Irene countered.

I smiled, leaning forwards and kissing her on the lips. Irene's face became red and she took beer cheeks in her hands and turned away.

The gap moe is incredible.

I responded back to Bianca's text with an "okay" to let her know I would be there. In five days is the start of school again for me. I wonder what she wants?

Placing my phone away, Irene and I sat in a comfortable silence once. Irene then suddenly sat her head on my shoulder.

"I'm glad you're okay." She whispered.

"No, I'm glad you're okay." I countered. "Irene...I...I almost lost you..."

"I needed to protect you Ken." Irene countered.

"You could have done countless other things instead. Why that? Why did you take the blow instead?" I argued.

"Because I love you." Irene stated, bringing my argument to a halt with those simple words.

I felt my face heat up as I turned away from her. "Just don't do it again. I can't lose you."

"Oh~? And why is that?" Irene teased.

I turned towards her, mustering up my courage. "Because I love you."

Irene's cheeks turned a rosy red, but she didn't turn away. Slowly our faces started to get closer, before we connected in a sweet kiss.

This is amazing...

We pulled away from each other.

Irene interconnected her hand with mine, smiling at me. She leaned forward. Our lips softly collided in another kiss.

It started to become more as her tongue went into my mouth as she initiated a French kiss. We started to get closer, before we fell.

I sat above Irene, staring at her laying down on the bed. Her hair was cascaded across the sheets, her pretty face staring up at mine. I leaned down, kissing her once again. Her cheeks started to heat up as we continued.

If I was to summarize that night, I'd say it was quite eventful. Magical, even. An experience that I would never forget.

I really do love Irene.