95 - The Final Obstacle

Erica and I approached the double doors which stood at the end of the now ruined trap hallway. I morphed Loki into his staff form, using it to slowly open up the door.

You never know, it could have some sort of arm-slicer mechanism attached to it.

As I pushed it open, nothing happened. When I pushed open the other door, there was still an unnerving silence. And all I could see of the room beyond was darkness.

I picked up another pebble from the ground, throwing it into the dark room. It skittered across the ground, activating no traps.

This is really suspicious. Are there seriously no traps in this room?

"Ken." Erica suddenly stated. "I feel something. A pull...as if something that I've been missing this whole time is pulling me inside."

...could Avalon be calling out to her somehow?

How would that even work? Does Avalon also have a spirit? Who would that spirit even be?

"Let's go in." Erica decided.

"Alright." I sighed.

We walked through the doors, entering the dark room. Immediately the doors behind us slammed shut and multiple torches were suddenly brought to life as small fires raged upon them, lighting up the room.

I knew this was a mistake...

We were in a large, cylindrical styled room. Pillars across the room held up the stone roof, and in the middle of the room was a stone statue of a large, armored knight, about three stories high. It was the only decoration in this bland place. The only other notable thing was the door across from us on the other side of the room.

The knight's eyes suddenly opened, glowing a bright orange. It started to move from it's original position, drawing its huge sword. Something that a statue shouldn't be able to do.

"Oh shit." I muttered.

"Move!" Erica exclaimed.

We rolled in opposite directions out of the way as the statue slammed its stone sword down where we once were. It turned towards me, staring at me with it's glowing, lifeless eyes.

Erica ran away as the statue swung it's sword once more. It slammed into the ground, getting stuck inside. Erica took the chance to run up the sword and charge a holy strike.

She jumped in the air, sending a holy strike straight towards the statue's face. However it harmlessly dissipated against his face.

Erica landed on the statue's shoulder. Summoning water around her blade, she stabbed it into his ear and filled it with high-pressure water.

Unfortunately that didn't to seem to do any damage either. The statue just stared at her as it tugged at its sword once more, this time the sword coming free from the broken ground.

The statue pulled it's sword out of the ground with one of his hands. With it's other it reached up, trying to grasp Erica. She jumped onto his head, trying to avoid the hand.

Damn it!

I rushed towards the statue, trying to think of what I could possibly do to injure this thing. I doubt my fire will do anything to this thing, and my other offensive skill copies fighting styles, which isn't helpful either.

Even the Amplification which I've been practicing with won't be useful if I don't have an offensive skill that can work.

If I can't damage it, then the priority is to get Erica to safety. I blasted fire under my feet, rocketing me through the air.