71 - The Third Fight

Waking up to a headache wasn't fun. Especially when you were woken up by an alarm clock screeching into your ear. And especially when you had trouble sleeping the previous night.

Not fun.

I slammed my fist into the alarm clock, accidentally breaking it. Looks like I'll have to pay for that later...

Groggily climbing out of bed, I slowly got ready for the day. Today only eight representatives remained, and three of them were from Legacy High, our school.

That's why it's number one in the country...

Using the elevator I descended down to the lobby, where the bulletin board with the matches was held.

Match 3

Ken Kage

VS

Sofia Sidorov

11:00

Sidorov? I'm pretty sure that isn't a Japanese name. Russian, perhaps?

"Oh, it looks like I'll be fighting you today." A feminine voice said from behind me.

Turning around, I saw a girl behind me. She had long blond hair and blue eyes, yet looked Japanese. I wasn't sure if those colors were because she was foreign or because of the world we were in.

After all, I'm fairly sure that Yui's hair color is genetic.

I recognized the girl however. She was the only other one that directly talked to Iris and I otherwise than Eiko and Stryker when we arrived.

"Seems so." I nodded. "Are you a foreigner?"

"I'm half-Japanese and half-Russian." She stated.

"That makes sense, considering your name and how well you speak Japanese." I replied. "Anyways, good luck."

"Good luck to you as well." She nodded, walking away.

Checking the time on my phone, I saw that it was 9:30. I had about an hour and a half before my match.

I went back up to my room, sitting on my bed and searching up her two matches online. Watching the videos, I analyzed how she fought and the abilities that she used.

It seems her element is Shadow, an element just as rare as the Holy element. As you can expect, it allows the manipulation of shadows.

The shadows temporarily become physical and their shape can be changed. Yes, the shadows become physical. It's magic, what'd you expect?

Overall, not very powerful during the day. But at night it's overpowered.

The only other person I can think of who has this element is Lily, but I don't think I've ever actually seen her use it. Maybe because I've never seen her fight while it's dark.

If the stage is a desert, then that will render Sofia's element useless. However, if it's a forest, then she could easily use it.

Her Arcana is a knife, just like Lily's as well. She also seems to have some sort of teleporting ability, but it looks like it only works in the shadows.

She's also very acrobatic, definitely at Lily's level. Her skill with a knife is also commendable, she clearly knows her way around the human body.

Her knife style consists of quickly striking non-vital areas that weaken her opponent. Of course, in a fight against a monster her style would likely change to striking the vital areas of the monster.

Overall, she's similar to Lily in fighting style, however not completely the same. They're skill sets are both definitely assassins, that's for sure.