90 - The Great Mythological War

The small fire sat in the middle of my palm as sweat rolled down my face. Finally I was able to do it without using Loki or the ring, but it took forever...

Erica was next to me, looking similarly tired as a small ball of water floated in her hand.

The sound of clapping filled our ears as we watched Merlin walk over to us.

"Good job!" She cheered.

"That took forever." I stated. "There's no way this is efficient..."

"We'll, not at first." Merlin agreed. "Because what you two just did was create a mana vein."

"What?" Erica and I simultaneously asked at the same time.

"You see, while mana is the fuel for your magic and your mana core is your tank, you still need the output in order to release that magic." She stated.

"That is the mana veins. Unfortunately, they don't come naturally and take time and effort to create, which is why you two are so tired right now." She explained.

"You two created a vein from the mana core in your soul to your hand, which is where the element is appearing from. These mana veins are what makes using magic easier in the future." She continued.

"You can do it without mana veins, but mana veins allows the mana to flow through your body easier. So right now you both have one mana vein." She added.

"Right, mana veins." Loki commented. "We called them something different back in the day, but I had thousands."

Really?

"Of course! I was the best god of magic!" Loki grinned.

Impressive, because doing this one took forever...

Merlin continued. "Now that you've done one mana vein, the others should come quicker. They'll be just as much work though."

"I want you two to create multiple mana veins before we start moving on to other things." She stated. "Making a good foundation is best before we start with other things."

"Okay..." Erica and I sighed.

We have to make even more of these? Of course...

I started to get to work on pushing the mana through my body. This time I worked my way towards the other hand.

"Hey Ken." Merlin said, walking over to me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Do you know what that red lightning is?" She wondered.

"No, I don't." I replied, making Merlin let out a sigh.

"Even Loki doesn't know." I added.

"Loki?" She asked, here eyes widening.

"Uh...yeah?" I replied. "My Arcana?"

"You can...talk to Loki...?!" She gasped.

"Yeah. Isn't that normal?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I can also talk to my Arcana." Erica added. "I thought that was a normal thing."

"No! Not at all!" Merlin exclaimed.

What? I was pretty sure that in the anime you unlocked the ability to talk to your Arcana after Tier 2. Everyone else also thought that.

So the collective fan base of Heaven's Hell got that completely wrong? Seriously?

I mean, the story does only follow Erica and we only hear her thoughts, including when she talks to her Arcana...

How interesting.