29 - Checkmate

"Damn it!" The King of the Aegis Family screamed, slamming the door to his room open.

Behind him walked in his personal butler. He softly shut the door behind himself, locking it as the King stomped around the room.

He grabbed a beer off of the table in his room, chugging it down his throat. He angrily placed the empty bottle back onto the table, muttering curses under his breath.

"I can't believe this!" He furiously exclaimed. "That idiot son of mine and fucking Cyrus couldn't do one simple task and then got themselves killed! Now I don't have a worthless successor to the throne!"

"They just had to assassinate Irene and Iris! How hard could it be if you catch them off guard?! They did it at Irene's speech, and almost killed her!" The King ranted.

"I can't believe this! Irene was able to reveal the fact that we discovered that Arcana's can be upgraded! At this rate, both of them will overshadow me!" He cried out.

"Nobody will remember King Ivan, and instead will remember the incredible princesses Irene and Iris! No, by that time Irene would become the Queen!" The King realized.

"Damn it!" He screamed, slamming a fist onto the table. "What went wrong?!"

The King paused for a moment, before seemingly reaching a conclusion. "That damned brat..." He growled.

"He saved Irene, and then saved Iris. Damn it! He's the fucking reason! And if Irene really does marry him, then he'll be the next King!" The King angrily shouted.

"Damn it! I'm supposed to be one of the most famous Kings, remembered for centuries! Lupercio promised that as long as I got them out of my way, he'd make me one of the most important figures in the new world!" He screeched.

The King picked up another beer bottle, easily downing it all in one chug. Stumbling, he barely placed it onto the table without it falling.

"Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! At this rate I won't have a legacy for the future to admire!" He growled.

The King went into thought, before seemingly reaching a conclusion. "I need to get rid of that damned brat!"

"He's the cause of all of my problems! With him out of the way, I'll be able to get rid of the rest!" He realized.

"But how will I do that...?" He wondered.

"Maybe a breath of fresh air will help, Your Highness." Suggested the butler, bowing down.

The King gazed at him. "Hmm...maybe you're right. I have heard that a deep breath of fresh air can help."

He stumbled over to the balcony that's as attached to his room. Unlocking and opening the glass door he staggered onto the balcony, leaning on the banister, taking a deep breath of the night air.

"Hey, get me another beer!" He ordered the butler.

"Of course, Your Highness." Bowed the butler. He grabbed a beer bottle from the table, walking over to the balcony.

He handed the King the beer. King Ivan chugged it down, groaning as he held it in his hand. "Fuck..." he growled.

The King sighed, likely thinking up of ways to accomplish his plans. Unfortunately for him, they'd never come to fruition.

The King felt a hard shove on his back, sending him flying over the railing. As he fell down, he stared with wide eyes at the butler who had pushed him off.

And as he fell, the butler started to change appearance. No longer did her look his personal butler, but instead as that damned brat.

He wanted to scream, but the air was taken out of his lungs. He could only stare at the man who took everything away from him as he fell.