9 - The Fight To Stop A Bully

The Minotaur. I've repeated that scene thousands of times in my head. We were so lucky.

Three seconds. That's how long we held it off. And that was only because of the fact that Eric's Arcana was an S Tier. If it was any lower, we wouldn't be alive.

The only thing that saved the three of us was luck. Luck that the Principal made it in time. Luck that Eric could barely tank that hit.

And luck has never been nice to me, so I don't like to count on it.

That was a B Rank monster, and if it had two more seconds, all of us would have been dead. When I threw my axe into it's eye, it only enraged it. If I stand no chance against a B Rank, then what about A and S Ranks?

I need to become strong.

It's times like these that I wish I had my own S Rank. But if I did, that would ruin everything. I would be shoved into the spotlight.

And I can't do that. It happened once, it won't happen again.

I sighed, looking around me. Legacy High. I'm here.

It's been about two weeks since the physical exam. School has now officially started. It's what you would expect. There are normal classes like math and history, but also classes like Monster Studies and Combat Class.

I walked through the hallways. It was my free period, so I was heading towards the Library.

Knowledge is Power. I stuck to this phrase when I first arrived here, and I stuck to it now. I have plenty of books to read.

"It's okay." Someone's voice floated into my ears as I turned the corner. A small sob also reached my ears.

Looking down the hallway, I saw Lily curled up against the wall with wet tears dripping down her cheeks. By her was Iris, who was trying to help her.

"What's going on here?" I asked.

"Carson..." Lily gasped out.

Cole Carson. Resident bully of Legacy High.

He's actually that same brown-haired buff boy that was pulling Lily's horns when we first met her. He's one of those that are racist towards the species not of this world, like elves and dwarves and etc.

It's unfortunate, but many humans are like this. Cole is one of them. And it's even worse since Lily is a Succubus, which are mostly viewed as "slutty". Lily isn't, but that stereotype includes her. This makes her Cole's number one target.

Honestly, I pity her. Her life is terrible, especially compared to most of the other Adventurers-In-Training. This is also what drives her to go yandere for Eric, as he is literally the only person who is kind to her.

Heaven's Hell has its dark moments. It is yandere, after all.

"What'd he do?" I ask.

"He...called me a freak...and a slut..." Lily muttered. "He pulled on my horns again...he even kicked me..." She pulled up her shirt, revealing a small bruise on her stomach.

What? My hands clenched in anger.

"Why is this allowed?" I growled.

This is blatant assault.

"Unfortunately, Carson comes from a wealthier family." Iris sighed. "This is what keeps him in the school despite his...nature. Besides, unless we have evidence for him kicking Lily we can't do anything."

Evidence...

"Nobody cares about a Succubus like me..." Lily decided.

"Hey." I said, grabbing her attention, as I crouched down to become eye level with her. "We don't think that. Eric knows you aren't like that. They can call you a monster all they want, but they're the true monsters." I stated.