117 - Ancestors

Everything was dark. I gasped, seemingly waking up. But as I looked around, everything was now white.

I was in some sort of blank plane of existence, different from when I met Loki and different from the Void.

I died...

Heh. So much for everything I've done. And so much for that promise to Kira.

...damn it.

I forced the tears down.

Loki? You there?

Loki?

Damn.

I really am dead.

Do I regret it?

Yeah, a little.

Maybe with more time I could have come up with a better solution. I guess the important thing is that they're alive.

They'll find a way to kill Lupercio, and end of all of this. I know it. After all, they're yanderes, even if they don't always seem like it.

...

Damn it...

I'm such an idiot...

I stood up. The ground was a pure white, so I couldn't really tell it from the world around me. It was strange, but so many weird things have happened to since I was transmigrated to this world, so I'm not too surprised.

There was nobody else here. And looking down at myself, I was now wearing normal clothes, no longer adorned with the armor that I had unlocked from Loki.

Damn it.

But what is this place?

Is this what happens to people who soul's get eaten? I'm assuming that's what happened to me since I was killed by the Demon King.

"Not quite." An elegant, feminine voice intrude my thoughts.

Whirling around, one other person now stood in this void with me. She was a beautiful, elegant  looking woman. She wore a one piece dress, which looked like a night sky with sparkling stars.

But the strangest thing was her long hair. It looked like the galaxy, and it even moved. By no means was it any sort of normal hair. However, it was mesmerizing.

"Why, thank you." She smiled at me, staring at me with her purple eyes. Just like with her hair, it looked like as if the whole galaxy was contained in her irises.

And apparently she can read my mind.

"Correct." She nodded. "You're so smart!"

...okay.

"So, who are you?" I asked.

"Ufufu." She giggled. "That isn't important right now."

What..?

"You're time isn't over yet." She smiled.

"Are you...helping me?" I asked, obviously suspicious.

"Not me." She let a little smirk run on her purple lips as she walked over. I brought up my guard, but she only extended a single finger and lightly tapped my chest.

A golden, warming glow radiated out from inside my chest.

"Avalon..." I whispered in surprise. "Erica gave it to me...it must have been after that night..."

"Yep!" The woman nodded.

"But how? Avalon can heal, but it can't revive dead people." I replied.

"A miracle." She winked. "Long ago, Avalon was blessed by a god."