80 - The Emotionless Girl

(Bianca POV)

Emotionless. That's how people describe me. My schoolmates unanimously gave me the title of the "Ice Queen".

They're not wrong. I don't feel most emotions that much. Sometimes a twinge of happiness, sadness, or something else. But not often.

There's not a reason. No underlying trauma, or secret past. I was just born this way. A lot different from my older brother, who is full of emotions.

Maybe that's part of why I admire him. But the biggest reason is his fighting. When I was younger, I'd watch him train with his weapon.

And once he unlocked his Arcana, I'd watch him train with that too. Watching him, I felt an emotion.

I was excited to watch him fight. I became interested in combat. So from the first moment I could pick up a spear, I started training.

I put in most of my time into training, because that's what made me felt an emotion. A nice feeling which helped fill my empty heart.

You could say I've become obsessed with fighting. Most of my time goes into it one way or another. Whether it be training, watching fights, or fighting itself.

It was...enjoyable.

My brother eventually became the strongest Arcana wielder in Japan, one of the few S Ranks. Not only that, he was the youngest as well.

I'm determined to become as good as-

No. To succeed him.

And as I grew up, I finally reached an age where I could at least participate in spars. But there was an unfortunate fact.

No one could beat me.

The only person who could was my own brother, but he's multiple years older with much more experience. A prodigy.

But anyone at my age? They couldn't touch me. Even some a couple years older couldn't beat me.

When I entered highschool, I was met with an annoying circumstance. My male schoolmates kept on confessing to me.

It was annoying, having it happen over and over again. Especially since most probably didn't have any actual love behind those confessions.

And if some did, then unfortunate for them. I wasn't interested in weak men. And then I realized something as a battle lover.

I wanted someone strong. Someone who could defeat me. And that's when I made a promise to myself. I would only accept a person that could defeat me in a fight.

Of course, there were restrictions. My brother didn't count.

I also kept this fact a secret to myself. If it got out, I knew that people would come running in hordes, and that would be annoying.

I don't want them to be like my annoying childhood friend...

But I kept that promise deep in my heart as I started to become more aware of the other sex. No one ever made my heart thump though.

I went through middle school without a care for anyone else. I applied to Legacy High, and was immediately accepted.

And a year ago I unlocked my Arcana. With years of practice with my spear and using most of my time on training, I quickly climbed up tiers.

In my first year I reached Tier 6. I was prodigy, just like my brother. Unfortunately this school year I've hit a slump, only being able to go up two tiers.

I'm still the strongest in the school however. Not a single person could beat me. And I never found someone who even had a chance.

And then two people caught my attention.