72 - The Semifinals

The alarm resonated through my ears once more. Slamming my hand down onto it, I ended up breaking it.

Shit.

Groaning, I pulled myself out of bed. I'm extremely tired after yesterday. I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked.

After my win against Sophia I was going to be dragged out by the girls, but I was able to dissuade them by telling them that I needed to study my opponents for the semifinals.

After all four matches were concluded, these were the results.

Bianca Tsuki

Souta "Stryker" Teshima

Ken Kage

Iris Aegis

Three students from Legacy High, and one from The Adventurer Academy of Osaka.

I already know Iris' fighting style due to being close to her for quite a while and watching her matches.

Bianca uses a style which involves mostly on her exceptional skill with the spear with the abilities of her Arcana acting as support.

Stryker also uses a spear, though not at the level of Bianca. He also uses his abilities more often.

With examination it seems he also has the water element, which he uses to disorient his opponents. For example, making them slip, block the water, or let it get into their eyes into temporarily blind them.

He's also very quick, using his spear to pierce non-vital areas to quickly end the match. He can also throw his spear with it returning to his hand like Bianca demonstrated when she fought that Lesser Dragon.

Those are all of the abilities that he has shown so far, though I heavily expect that there are more that he hasn't used.

Either way, I should now be prepared to fight any of the three. However, if it ends up being Bianca I'll lose.

I've already made it plenty far, much further than how much I bet the Principal expected, and Bianca has already shown an interest in me by patting my head after my wins.

Don't want it to evolve to even more by beating her in a fight. However, with my luck she'll become yandere anyways.

After getting ready for the day, I went down to the lobby and checked the poster for the semifinals.

Match 1

Souta Teshima

VS

Ken Kage

10:00

Looks like I'll be versing Stryker, the person I know the least about. I know Iris the most for obvious reasons, and Bianca decently due to watching her fights and memories from the anime.

I don't know as much about Stryker though. Well, I should be fine anyways. And even if I don't win, there's not really a detriment for me.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to try though.

"Hey." I heard Stryker say from behind me. "Good luck."

"You too." I said, nodding at him.

He smiled, before walking over.

I best get ready too.

After getting a good luck wish from Iris I left for the preparation room. Getting myself mentally prepared for the match, I waited in front of the gate for the announcers to start.

"Hello everybody!" The first announcer exclaimed. "Welcome to the fourth day of the JSAC Tournament, the Festival of Snow!"

"Today are the semifinals!" The second announcer stated. "There will only be two matches today, and two of the four remaining contestants will be eliminated!"