94 - The Cave Of Wonders

I stuffed the supplies into my bag. I packed light, with only a couple of essentials such as water, snacks, rope, and a couple more.

Erica and I were about to head out from camp to this cave that Merlin told us about. If everything stays the same as in the anime, Avalon should be in there after we get through the traps.

However, things never stay the same. I have no idea what to even expect going in.

I stepped out of the tent, slinging my bag over my shoulder. Erica stood with the others, however she was the only one with a bag.

"Do you two have to go alone?" Pouted Iris.

"It's a trapped dungeon." I replied. "It's for the best if we go light. It'd be tough to fit eight people in a dungeon. Besides, we need people to stay here in case The Children Of Lupercio come after Merlin."

"Alright." Iris sighed.

"Be safe." Bianca ordered as the others nodded in agreement.

"We will." Erica smiled, before she looked over to me. "Let's go."

"Alright." I nodded. "See you soon." I waved to them as we left.

We trekked through the forest, heading north as Merlin had directed. We weren't exactly sure where the cave would be or what it would look like, but it shouldn't be too hard.

A cave would be pretty obvious, right?

Or maybe not.

An hour into our journey and we hit the base of a mountain. Probably where the cave was, but I couldn't spot it.

"You see it?" I asked Erica.

"No." She shook her head. "I just see trees. And more trees."

This cave is holding the Avalon, so maybe having it be in plain sight would be too obvious. With that thought in mind, I started to search even harder.

It had to be here. If it was on the other side of a freaking mountain, I would hope that Merlin would have told us.

"Hey Ken...what is this?" I heard Erica say.

I looked over to Erica, who was behind a tree. As she touched the tree the mountain suddenly started to rumble.

At the base of the mountain the stone started to open, half of it going up and the other half going down, creating a cave entrance out of what used to be a wall.

"...what?" We asked in confusion.

Ok, how the hell does that work? Who the hell installed a secret door, and how? Considering Merlin hasn't been able to get out of her tower for who knows how long, this modern technology is worrying...

"I don't like this." I stated. "Watch your every step Erica."

"Okay." She nodded.

Taking a deep breath, we entered the cave. As we took our first couple of steps in, the hidden door closed behind us.

This isn't ominous at all...

The cave led forwards in a straight line, the road ahead obscured by the darkness. Lighting a fire in my hand, it illuminated the area around us.

It allowed me to see how unnatural the cave looked. It looked like as if people had carved it out instead of it being naturally created.

I didn't like this.

We slowly walked through the corridor. It felt like a while until we finally were greeted with something different than the stone walls.

A wooden rope bridge was set across a chasm, torches lining it's railing. On the other side of the bridge was another stone corridor.