26 - A Rematch With The Knight

An alarm blared throughout the underground complex. The Knights jumped in surprise before getting their equipment ready.

The door to the room was suddenly flung open, it's rusty hinges breaking and allowing the inanimate object to take flight. It sped through the air before crashing into one of the Royal Knights, knocking him out.

"Do you have to kick down every door?" Iris asked as we gazed into the room.

Two other Royal Knights were inside, looking in shock at their fallen comrade, crushed beneath the door.

Don't worry, he's fine. He'll just have a bad headache when he gets up.

"It gives us the advantage." I stated. "And it's awesome."

"It is awesome..." Iris sighed happily in agreement. "You look so cool..."

Well...shit. I don't think I can deny it any longer-

"Hey!" The Royal Knight yelled, running at us with a sword.

Iris jumped in front of me, using her shield to block the sword. The sword harmlessly deflected off of the shield, leaving the Royal Knight wide open.

Iris bashed her shield into the Knight's head, knocking him out. He crumpled to the floor, completely knocked out.

The other Royal Knight swung their sword down onto Iris with unmistakable sadness in their eyes. Their attack never connected however, blocked by my own Arcana.

I pushed the Royal Knight backwards, before bringing my left fist right into their face. They stumbled backwards from the hit while I shook my hand.

I need to do more training with my left hand, that hurt...

I then slammed the butt of my axe into their head, this time finishing the job by knocking them out.

"He's not in here either..." I sighed.

This room looked like a lounge. Not that it mattered, since Isaac wasn't located in here.

"Thank you for saving me." Iris fidgeted while a red tint colored her cheeks.

Stop that. We both know you could have saved yourself.

"Yeah yeah, come on. We need to hurry if Isaac is in this base, or else he'll escape." I replied.

"Oh, don't be so cold Ken." Pouted Iris as we walked out of the room.

In the anime Isaac did go to a safe house which was under a construction site. The thing is, because of my actions in saving Irene's life, there could be some unseen effects that change the safe house he decided to stay at.

After all, these same unseen effects caused me to make Irene and Iris fall for me when I tried to PREVENT Iris from becoming a yandere.

I just hope that they aren't too far gone. Maybe they've only fallen for me, and that's it. Normal, teenager love. After all, there's nothing to make them go yandere.

Isaac's betrayal? Their relationship with Isaac wasn't that good anyways. Maybe the betrayal of Cyrus, but that shouldn't have been bad enough to make them go yandere...?

But after Irene and her "smelling" comment I'm not so sure about that...

While I dabbled in my thoughts we dashed through the underground complex, searching for where Isaac might be.

A Royal Knight exited a room into the hallway, their sword at the ready for any intruders that might come across their path.

Unfortunately for them, they weren't ready for a flying kick into the face.