15 - Discovering Tier 3: The Disguise

The incident with the Ice Golem was almost a disaster. A whole class almost died, and it took the Principal forever to get there for some reason despite the speed at which she arrived to the Lesser Dragon.

I really don't know why. I think part of it was traffic. There's a rumor that traffic was so bad that Aiko and Bianca just jumped out of the cars and ran to where we were. It's just a rumor however:

And as for Cole Carson, that backstabbing bastard, he was expelled. You can't have someone who would betray their own teammates for petty reasons become an Adventurer. Now there probably are those types of Adventurers out there in the Guild but the school isn't going to train one.

So that's one good thing that came out of the fight with the Ice Golem. This is one more good thing however...

Loki. S Rank.

Tier 1 - Fire Element

Tier 2 - Trickster God's Spirit

Tier 3 - Disguise

I gazed at my Adventurer Card. I have now reached Tier 3.

"Disguise? What does this do?" I wondered.

"It's called Disguise. What do you think it does?" Snorted Loki.

"I know that." I grumbled. "How does it work?"

"You have to touch a person with the intention to disguise as them, and then you'll be able to disguise yourself as them at anytime! It even copies their voice! It's a really nifty trick." Loki explained.

That sounds really useful. If I can touch someone once and copy their appearance, then I could have a whole arsenal of disguises to easily switch to!

"Wait, does it copy clothes as well?" I asked.

"It does." Loki confirmed.

This is useful. A plan is already forming in my head.

Because we're about to go into Arc 2, and this is when shit starts to get real. The events of this Arc turn Iris into the yandere she will eventually become.

And it all starts with the murder of her sister, the first princess, Irene Aegis.

Irene Aegis is also the leader of the Royal Knights, a task force filled with No-Arcana Fighters who deal with issues pertaining to the Aegis Family. The Aegis Family is influential enough to have their own personal guards. Who are also knights. It's kind of crazy.

Irene is betrayed by one of her own Royal Knights, literally stabbed right in the back while conducting a public speech. I believe the speech was about recent events or something. And it would be her last speech ever.

The sword used by the backstabbing Royal Knight went straight through her heart. There was no chance to save her.

Irene Aegis is extremely powerful, being at Tier 8 while only 18. She never expected a sneak attack by one of her own men, however. This was her downfall.

And likely what started Iris' path to becoming a yandere.

This gruesome event was broadcasted on all of television. It caused a lot of chaos as you would expect. And this is what kicks off Arc 2, commonly known as the "Aegis Civil War" arc.

This is because whoever that Knight was, they were ordered by the first prince, Isaac Aegis, to murder Irene.

As Irene is older than Isaac, if he wants to become the heir in the family he has some obstacles. Obstacles he opted to kill, despite being family.

Isaac is nothing like Irene or Iris. He's practically worthless. Lazy, no Arcana, and willing to murder his own family. Truly trash.

So we have the murder of Iris' sister, and the revelation that her brother was the one who ordered it. You can see why this Arc makes Iris a yandere.