23 - The Start Of A Civil War

The attack on Aegis Mansion by the assassins brought up a lot of questions, and a lot of answers. I now know Isaac is fine with killing Irene, Iris, or even his own mother, Isabella.

Truly a despicable piece of shit.

I also have learned the unnerving fact that Irene is most likely a yandere. The fact she knew I was disguising by knowing my smell means that for some reason she memorized my smell.

If her Arcana had an enhanced smelling or an enhanced senses ability, that would make sense. But her Arcana is Thor, and he was never known for enhanced smelling.

Which means, with normal smelling, she memorized my scent. The only reason I can think of why is that she became yandere for me.

After all, a common trope for yanderes in media is to know their "beloved's" scent.

Which means that in my plan to get rid of a yandere, I have ended up creating a yandere that didn't even exist in the anime.

And she's after me...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

FUCK!!!!!!

...

I feel like I should be more scared and freaked out, but there's honestly not really anything I can do. Irene is stronger, faster, and more influential than me.

I can't try to escape Japan; Irene would easily find me with her intelligence and smarts. And I can't kill her, both because of emotional attachment and inability. I truly care for her now...

As a friend. I don't think I'm ready for a relationship yet, especially with an insane girl.

So basically, I'm trapped. Luckily in the anime the girls never hurt Eric. Instead they only hurt the people who crossed him.

So now I have to live with a yandere in love with me. I mean, it can't be the worst. Eric ended up living with five yanderes in the anime, and he was happy with that life...Maybe I'm being optimistic. But either way, I now have a yandere on me, and she won't let go easily.

They never do.

But now that the attack on the party is over, that means the major part of the arc starts. The Aegis Civil War.

In simple terms, Iris finds out that it was Isaac who ordered the assassinations. Isaac goes into hiding and they eventually storm his base and defeat his troops. Then he gets locked up in jail, and that is basically the end of the Arc.

As of now, all I can do is continue my job as Irene's bodyguard. However, there is a greater problem I'll have to deal with once this Arc reaches it's end.

And for the bodyguard job, Irene visited her mother who was currently in the hospital. I gave her some time to talk with her mother before it was my turn to come in.

I opened the door to the room, quietly closing it behind me. Irene's Mother, Isabella, laid down on the hospital bed while Irene sat on a chair next to the bed.

"So, you're the one who saved me?" Isabella asked, smiling at me.

"Yes. It's nice to meet you, Queen Aegis." I bowed.

"So he's well-mannered too." Isabella noted. "Come, have a seat." She pat down the seat next to her, gesturing me to sit down by her.

"I heard about it from Irene. I just have one question; why did you disguise yourself as your friend?" Isabella asked.