85 - Avalon: The Vanishing Island

I couldn't believe it. Even though it was the next day and I was now flying towards the island with the others, I still couldn't help thinking about it.

My Principal...is my godmother?!

Seriously?!

You're telling me that she's so close to my parents that they would trust her to become my guardian if they died?!

The final words she said to me before I left her office still rang into my head. "Be careful."

No wonder she acted familiar with me.

"Ken...you okay? You've been spacing out a lot." Erica commented from besides me.

The first things the girls did before we got onto the plane was have multiple matches of rock-paper-scissors to see who got to sit next to me.

Erica won, and the others stared in envy.

"I'm fine." I sighed. "Just...thinking."

My parents...my parents?

Do I even get to count them as my parents?

Who are they? Why are they always busy? How are they super close to the Principal of the most prestigious adventuring school in Japan?

Could it be that they're adventurers?

"How long is this flight again?" Yui groaned. "I'm bored..."

"We are currently one hour in, and there's eight more to go." Iris stated.

"Ugh..." Yui groaned.

Coming with Erica and I were Iris, Irene, Amber, Lily, Bianca, and Yui.

The flight was going to be a long one. Usually I'd go to sleep for a trip, but I'm not now. I don't know if the Children Of Lupercio somehow find a way to attack this plane or something.

Better safe than sorry.

"Isn't there anyyyyything to do?" Yui asked.

"You could fall asleep." Suggested Lily.

"But that's booooring." Yui responded.

"Well, it's not my problem." Muttered Lily, sitting back down into her seat.

She pulled a blanket over herself, before falling asleep in her seat.

"No fair..." Groaned Yui, the person sitting next to Lily.

While Erica and I sat together, Yui and Lily were sitting in the same row. Iris sat next to Irene while Amber sat next to Bianca.

Speaking of which, Amber and Bianca were currently playing the game "chopsticks". A game where players extend a number of fingers from each hand and transfer those scores by taking turns to tap one hand against another.

"I swear I'll beat you..." Growled Amber.

"Okay." Bianca emotionlessly replied.

"Another one!" Amber replied as they started another round.

Wow, she really sucks at chopsticks.

A sudden weight on my shoulder took me by surprise. Looking over, Erica was now sleeping against my shoulder as Iris and Irene stared in an even larger envy.

It wasn't long until the other others fell asleep as well and I was the only one left. I felt a little tired, but I shook it off.

The perfect chance to strike would be when everyone's asleep. I'd rather not give them the chance.