51 - Starting The Cult

(Irene POV)

His body rested on the bed, soundly sleeping. His chest slightly rose with every breath. I traced where the wound used to be on his bandaged chest.

That injury could have been fatal. It was dangerously close to vital organs. It even went all the way through his abdomen.

Ken almost died...

And now, he had another scar on his skin. A mark left from the sword. A reminder that I had failed to protect him once more...

The door behind me opened as Lily entered the room, closing it behind her.

"I'm here, Irene. So what did you call me for?" Lily asked.

"Please take care of Ken." I replied, bowing.

"...eh?" She voiced her confusion.

"Please watch over him and keep him safe. You're the only one who can do it discreetly." I stated. "And of course, I'll compensate you for your time."

"You mean...you want me to stalk him?" Lily wondered.

"Yes." I nodded.

"...I guess I can do that." She sighed. "Maybe I can find out why Erica likes him so much..."

"Are you still on Erica?" I wondered.

"No." Lily shook her head. "I still love her, of course I do. But Erica just isn't into girls."

"And you are?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Maybe." She replied. "Or it could just be because it's Erica."

"I see." I hummed. "I hope that you do find that someone."

"I don't know if I'll be able to love anyone else..." Lily muttered to herself.

She then shook her head. "Well, I guess I'll stay here and watch over him then."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"It's alright." Lily smiled. "I don't mind hanging out with a friend."

I nodded at her words, before exiting the room.

It's a good thing that Lily agreed to watch over him, as I need to do another important thing at the moment. If people are coming after Ken, then he needs even more protection.

I pulled out my phone, entering a group chat.

Me: It's time.

Iris: For that, right?

Yui: I won't be able to make it. Healing Ken drained me of all my energy.

Erica: Want me to come and keep you company, Yui?

Yui: It's fine, you can go ahead.

Erica: Alright.

Iris: So, what are we calling it now? The Royal Guard leaves a sour taste in my mouth after what Isaac and Father did.

Erica: What did the King do?

Iris: I forgot that you and Yui don't know. Father is the one who was behind it all.

Yui: Seriously?!

Me: Yes. Don't tell anyone else. We only found out after his death. Mother informed us that he was behind it all. She even had evidence.

Erica: How'd she get the evidence?

Iris: "From a friend" is what she said. We don't know.

Iris: Back on topic, what is the name going to be?