103 - The Labyrinth Of Webs

We walked through the tunnel, Goku's fire leading our way. So far the tunnel had just been a straight shot forwards.

"These tunnels..." Irene muttered. "I wonder what created them."

"I don't think Arachius are known for digging tunnels." Erica added. "Any idea what could have made these?"

"I would think a Scarworm, however these are too small. A Scarworm is larger than an Arachius, and these tunnels are the perfect size for the Arachius." Irene explained.

"Think it's coincidence?" I asked.

"Maybe.." Irene muttered. "It's possible that one just decided to camp here, but if there's one..."

"You think this is a nest, don't you?" Goku stated.

"Possibly. We haven't seen any other Arachius however, so I'm not sure." Irene replied.

"Hate...Arachius..." Bianca muttered.

I'm with you there. They aren't exactly that fun.

We walked through the tunnels, before we came across a fork in the road. The tunnel split left and right.

Since this isn't the same tunnel as the anime, I don't know which way to go. And even if it was, I still wouldn't know. I didn't memorize the exact route.

"I could look back in your memories." Loki stated. "But that wouldn't be helpful."

Appreciate the sentiment, but yeah. That's not going to help in this case.

"Let's split up." Goku decided.

"What? Have you never seen horror movies? That's the easiest way to die down here." I stated. "Especially since we have no contact, with no service in this world."

"We don't have the time." Goku replied, anxiously looking at the watch. "It's been an hour and a half, and it takes a whole hour to get back. That gives us about two hours and thirty minutes left to find Brandon and Emi."

I didn't like it, but Goku had a good point. We needed as much time as possible if we wanted to save Brandon.

Especially since we'll likely end up in a fight with the Alchemist. And if we're quick enough, maybe we can stop the Alchemist from stealing Brandon's powers.

"Fine." I sighed. "What are the groups?"

"Let's put you, Irene, Erica, and Bianca together." Goku stated. "And I'll go with Aoi."

"That's pretty skewed." Erica noted.

"Yes, but I'm an actual S Rank." Goku replied. "I have much more experience than all of you, so I can take the load of multiple people."

"I see." Irene nodded.

"Good." Goku stated. "Stay safe. If something too much comes up, then run away immediately. Hopefully it's just Arachius..."

"Alright." Bianca nodded. "Let's go." She nodded towards us.

We waved goodbye to Aoi and Goku while we went the other direction. Walking down the tunnel, we continued deeper into the tunnels.

And then we hit another fork in the road.

"We aren't splitting up again." I stated. "Let's just try one direction, and then the next."

We walked down the left passageway, continuing through the tunnels. Turning the corner, we were met with the face of an Arachius.

It attempted to spit acid at us, but before it even had the chance a sparking war hammer slammed into it's head, killing it instantly.