116 - The Lost Four

(??? POV)

"Alright, are we ready for this?" Questioned Isamu.

"He's going to be leaving any moment." Baki stated. "We have to hurry."

"Yes, not long after his departure the fabric between the void and the world should be thin enough for us to quietly breach through." Akashi stated.

Isamu, Baki, and Akashi were three very good friends. I had known them for a long time, and we have been through thick and thin together.

And now, we were getting ready to end the fight which we started.

We felt wave of mana as he left the void for the first time in fifty years. Despite being in a separate part of the void, the power it took to open that rift was so large that we could feel it from here.

"He's gone through." Baki stated.

"Then let's hurry." Isamu nodded. "This is our final chance. We failed once, and we won't get another attempt."

"It's now or never." I stated.

"Alright, let's go over the plan one more time." Akashi stated. "We secretly create a rift while the intersection is still weak, before joining with whoever is fighting against Lupercio."

"You think someone will be fighting him?" Questioned Baki. "They likely don't know who Lupercio is. Until he reveals himself as the Demon King."

"There has to be at least one person who connected everything to him." Akashi argued. "Or else our world truly is screwed."

"I hope it isn't." I sighed.

"We can do this." Akashi stated. "Even if we have to do the ritual."

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." I replied, shaking my head. "I don't think I'd be able to..."

"It's our best shot if we can't group up with whoever's fighting Lupercio in our world." Akashi replied.

"As much as I hate to admit it, Akashi is right." Isamu sighed.

"We better get going." Baki stated. "If we don't start heading there now, the connection will become too strong."

"Right. Let's move." I stated.

We got out of our makeshift house which we had been using for the past fifty years. Hidden inside of one of these rocks, we used barrier and illusion magic to keep Lupercio from finding us.

If we didn't, we'd all be dead a long time ago. Whether it's from Lupercio or his monsters that float through the void.

We headed towards where we felt Lupercio exit through the rift. We avoided the monsters as we headed towards the exit. The monsters would only stall us, and we didn't have the time.

A couple minutes passed as we flew through the void, jumping from floating rock to rock as we got closer and closer.

Landing down on a rock, we were almost there. I could feel and see exactly where he had exited. I could see a rift.

A rift? But it should have collapsed when he went through?

"That's strange." Baki narrowed his eyes.

"Do you think it's a trap?" Isamu asked.

"No." Akashi shook his head. "I think it's the 'seal' that we created long ago."

"Seriously?" Baki questioned. "You know how rare the chances are of that, right? They need to find the seal and have a descendant from each of us."

"It's possible." Akashi replied.

And then something happened. Two people tumbled through the rift, unconscious. One was heavily injured, having a whole arm missing.