6 - Awakening The Arcana

The Arcana. The anime is incredibly vague on what is it or how it works, and for someone like me who likes to know everything, that's extremely annoying.

The Arcana is a historical figure/weapon that is bonded to a person, based on their personality. The Arcana can then be leveled up through "Tiers". While it's never explicitly stated, it seems that leveling up works by gaining "experience", similar to a game. The more you fight and train, the quicker you Tier up. These two factors seem to be the only way to increase an Arcana's tier.

Lazing around does nothing.

Every time an Arcana tiers up, it gains a new power which it gives to the wielder. Arcana Tier 2 has two powers in total, for example. These powers have to be trained however in order to be effective.

And upon reaching Tier 2, the wielder will be able to talk to the Spirit inside of the Arcana. For example, if you had an Arcana named "Dustin" it would have the Spirit of Dustin inside. Of course, Dustin isn't an Arcana. That's stupid. These Spirits help guide the wielder to learn more about their powers.

And to track these powers, Arcana wielders are given an Adventurer Card, which tracks the powers of an Arcana wielder. This also means that if anyone finds it, every single one of the powers you have been hiding are suddenly discovered.

Basically, don't lose it if you have a hidden trump card.

And as I've said before, Arcanas are ranked from a letter scale of D, C, B, A and S, and they always manifest as a weapon in physical form, from swords to guns to whips and more.

From watching all of Heaven's Hell (except for the last episode), I have determined that this is how the Arcana system works. As to why it is this way, no clue. They never give a reason as to how or why the Arcanas were created.

However it happened, it is what makes Eric a legend and so powerful. Today is the day his story will be born. Eric Arthurson, a man that no one has heard of before, will awaken an S Rank Arcana known as...

Excalibur.

That's right. One of the most famous swords of all history, it's story told over and over again throughout the decades.

Of course a random man awakening an S Rank Arcana which happens to be EXTREMELY famous will gather attention. Lots of it.

This means if I can connect with a C Rank or B Rank Arcana, then I will easily hide in the shadow behind Eric, being the perfect mob character.

D Rank isn't strong enough, while A Rank and S Rank will bring me too much attention. B Rank is even a little higher than I want.

A C Rank, while weaker than B to S, with plenty of training can beat either of those. And I plan on training a heck load so I can survive the world threatening threat which shall appear. And also all of the yanderes and the smaller conflicts that occur throughout the anime.

Me, Eric, and Lily all stood in the cafeteria. It was mostly empty, except for the seats where the teachers sat and a machine.

The machine sat upon a podium which stood in the middle of the cafeteria. The machine looked similar to one of those giant "clone tubes". There was no liquid inside, however.

Somehow, in someway, this lets students unlock their Arcanas. This can put a stress on their bodies however, which is why they wait until the first year of highschool in order to awaken the Arcana. Any time before is dangerous and illegal.

The students who passed the exam stood in the room, waiting for the Awakening to start. Each and every one of these students have admired adventurers once in their life, enough to want to be one. After all, the written exam was created to only allow people prepared to awaken their Arcana to pass. It'd be too dangerous otherwise. For both the world and the students themselves.