63 - The Three Representatives

I sighed, standing up and walking towards the stairs. Kai, Yui, and Erica stared at me in shock, as well did Iris from the stage.

Bianca raised her eyebrows, a slight change in her stoic expression. It showed how incredibly surprising of a decision this was.

To put a First-Year into the Tournament, it was unthinkable. Even the other students agreed with their exclaims of surprise.

I walked up the stairs, standing next to Iris.

The Principal glanced back at us, before speaking into the mic once more.

"These will be our three representatives this year. As such, they will be exempt from classes until the Tournament, to focus everything they have into preparation and training." She stated.

This Tournament is major in Japan. Major enough to make the Principal exempt classes for us, who hates taking students out of school.

And I've already been taken out twice when I was the bodyguard for both Yui and Irene...

I wonder why she chose me?

"Vice-Principal will inform you more about the Tournament." She informed.

She looked towards us. "You three, come with me."

We nodded, following the Principal as she handed the mic to the Vice-Principal, and then heading towards her office.

Reaching her office, she turned to look at us. "Bianca, you come in. Iris and Ken, you two wait outside. I'll be talking to each of you individually."

"You can take a seat on those chairs." She gestured to the chairs against the wall.

Iris and I nodded, sitting down on the seats. Bianca followed the Principal into the office, leaving the two of us in the hallway.

"You made it Ken!" Iris happily said. "This is amazing!"

"Yeah..." I sweatdropped.

No, it really isn't.

"You're going to do great." Iris reassured me.

"Uh...thanks." I nodded.

Iris smiled brightly at me in response. I swear it was so bright I almost needed to shield my eyes.

The door opened as Bianca walked out. It didn't take her long at all. She looked at Iris, nodding. Iris somehow knew what she meant, standing up and walking into the Principal's office.

Bianca looked back at me. "You." She said.

"Uh...me?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Yes?" I wondered.

"You better be strong. Don't disappoint her." She stated.

Her? Does she mean the Principal?

Bianca then walked away, heading to who knows where.

That was...strange, to say the least. The kuuderes are always the hardest to decipher.

It wasn't long until Iris walked out. "Your turn." She whispered to me, before walking off.

Walking into the Principal's room, a room I had been in many more times than I should, I sat down at the seat I usually would.

"Ken Kage." She said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." She replied, pinching her nose. "But I've chosen you as our third representative."