69 - The Second Day Of The Tournament

My alarm blared through my ears, waking me up abruptly. Hesitantly getting out of my warm and comfy bed, I hit the snooze button and started getting ready for the day.

I need to find out who I'm fighting and when I'm fighting them. I walked out of my room, closing the door behind me. There should be a schedule in the lobby.

"Oh, hey Kage!" Waved Stryker, who was also leaving his room.

"Hey...Stryker." I said, realizing he never told me his last name.

"I saw your match yesterday. That was awesome!" He grinned.

"Thanks." I replied.

We walked over to the elevator. Clicking the lobby button, the elevator started to descend. It only took a couple seconds before it reached our location.

The elevator doors opened, revealing the lobby. On the other side of the lobby a bunch of the other contestants were clumped together, trying to look at something on the wall.

Well, except for Bianca. She sat on one of the couches, looking emotionless as ever.

We walked over to the where the students were. Pushing my way through them, I was able to get a glance at what they were looking at.

Today's schedule.

The tournament had a total of 32 contestants, but now half of them have been eliminated. Today there would only be eight matches, and eight of us would be eliminated.

Unless I end up fighting Bianca, I don't plan on losing.

Match 1

Ken Kage

VS

Haru Tanaka

10:00

I'm the first match? What time is it now?

I pulled out my phone, seeing that it was 9:30. Good thing I had set my alarm to 9. I'll basically have to head straight to the arena.

As I started to leave, my name was called out by someone.

"Ken!" Iris yelled, running up.

"Yes?" I asked, turning around to look at her.

"Good luck." She sweetly smiled at me.

I felt my heart jump as my cheeks started to heat, before an in indescribable wave of strange emotions hit me.

A weird mixture of sadness, anger, fear, and slight happiness.

"Y-yeah." I replied, turning around and walking away.

I glanced at my hands, which were tightly clenched and slightly shaking.

Not now, Ken. Not now.

You don't have the time nor the right.

You've brought everything upon yourself.

I took a deep breath, calming myself down and letting my hands relax. I should focus on this match so I don't end up getting my face beat in.

This match will be tougher, as I doubt that my opponent will underestimate me after what happened to Eiko.

I don't have the time to watch my opponent's last match, so I don't know how or why he won, nor do I have any idea of his abilities.

I arrived at the arena, heading to the waiting area to mentally prepare myself. I also texted Irene to let her know that I would be fighting first.

It wasn't long until I heard the announcer's voices.

"Hello everyone!" The first one said. "Welcome to the second round of the JSAC tournament! After yesterday, 16 participants remain and after today, only 8!"