38 - I Already Hate Arc 3

My back was against the wall, my butt against the floor. A bloody knife was stabbed into the floor between my legs, dangerously close to my sacred place. Rain pounded against the windows, but it couldn't drown out the rapid thumping of my heart banging in my ears.

"Ken. Be mine." She grinned, adorning a bloody face of obsessed love.

A discarded body laid behind her, stabbed once through the heart. Blood leaked from under it, slowly staining the floor.

Why was this happening?

How did I get here?

Well...it all started at the beginning of this arc...

. . .

I yawned, affected by the return to school. Now I was no longer allowed to sleep in and was forced to wake up early for school once more.

"Hey Ken. Eric's not here yet, and class is about to start. Is he ok?" Kai asked, pointing towards the empty seat next to Lily.

Strange. Even Lily's here, but Erica isn't?

"I don't know." I replied. "Maybe he's feeling what all of us are feeling right now; the dreaded first day back."

"You don't know? But don't you live right next to him?" Kai wondered.

Right, nobody exactly knows that I now live with the Aegis Family.

The bell rang as the teacher entered the room, placing his papers at the desk. He cleared his throat, silencing the class.

It's official, Erica is late for the first time.

"Uhm...from today onwards we'll be having a...new student?" The teacher stated with a strange tone at the end.

Immediately everybody started talking about who the transfer student was, but this announcement left me in dread.

Transfer students are usually main characters in anime! It's a cliche way to add a new character to the main roster!

The only time this ever happened in Heaven's Hell was when Yui became an adventurer-in-training. She then transferred to Eric's class in order to stay with him.

But this happens after the events of Arc 3, so why do we have a transfer student now?!

"Come on in." The Teacher stated.

The transfer student walked in, leaving everyone in shock. A cute girl wore the school uniform, with familiar blond hair and green eyes.

"My real name is Erica Arthurson." She bowed. "I'll be in your care from now on."

The whole class fell into a shocked silence, before all chaos erupted. "What?!" Everybody exclaimed.

I face-palmed. Of course Erica would reveal the fact that she's a woman and start going to school as one, now that she's finally living as a girl.

"Due to unknown reasons, Erica here was pretending to be the male Eric...from now on however, she'll be Erica..." The Teacher stated, still confused as well.

"Reverse trap?" Kai gasped under his breath, incredibly confused. "They're real?"

Apparently. Even anime is real. After all, I'm in one.

Erica walked over to her seat next to Lily, smiling at her. She glanced over at me, her eyes connecting with mine as she gave me a short wave.

"Looking at him-her now, she looks so much like a girl...how did we never notice?" Kai muttered under his breath.