chapter 2

NOOR's POV

"Here call them and ask them to come over, hurry up please" said my soon to be mother as she handed me her iPhone 13 pro max, i stare at the phone for a moment, damn it's real the latest version.

I quickly shoved the thought of 'when will i get my own?' from my head, calming myself with the 'time is coming very soon'. I looked up to her and said "i think going to them is better, it will be better if we go and talk to them personally, my uncles are quite difficult to handle so showing respect to their opinion might work"

"Ok... Kaleem" she called that tall handsome man "please take her to her uncles place, make sure everything falls into place, try your best and convince them, i cannot go and leave Khaleel alone here, promise me you will do anything to save your brother please"

"I will mother, don't panic" he said in his deep and warm voice while holding her hands tightly to calm her down "everything will be alright insha Allah (if god wills)"

"I trust you" she replied with a faint smile,

Kaleem gestured with his hand that we should move, i think the guy is not nice enough to spare a second to look at me properly. I mean I'm soon going to be his little sister so it's not an offence to know what your sister looks like.. right?.

And in no time we are inside his blue Porsche, i kept Wondering why he chooses the color blue even though the car still looks great but he should have chosen a different shade like black is more bossy or white to be classy, in short I'm not allowing this Kaleem to choose a car for me, he has no good taste at all.

The car was comfy but cold, the air conditioning is set to maximum but he seemed not bothered by it while I'm here freezing in the passenger seat. My lips start trembling and i made some silly noice to alert him but he ignored me and kept driving without even knowing where we are going.

I'm really going to freeze to death if i don't speak. "Ya Kaleem (older bro Kaleem)" i called, voice shaking.

He quickly turned and for the first time glare at me narrowing his eyes like an angry monster about to attack his stubborn prey, "when did i became your brother?" He asked in a hush tone.

I swallowed, already deciding that i don't like this Kaleem man, he is too mean, handsome and scarry.
"Oh sorry, Kaleem" i corrected nervously, scared Kaleem might beat me off and throw me out of the car out of anger for calling him my brother, it's clear he also doesn't like me.

"Turn off the AC... please" i added quickly because his gaze is sending chills down to my spine.
"Eyes on the road... Please" i said realizing that he had been looking at me for a while enough get us into an accident.

He looked away focusing on the road as i had advised and asked "what's the address?"

"Pardon?!"

"The address of your uncle's house you fool"

"Turn off the Air conditioning first please" i begged and he chuckled.

"You strive for luxury like that while you can't even handle a mere temperature change? Hmmm... I guess you will just stay here throughout your luxurious life going overseas doesn't suit you, you surely will die off cold if you go."

"I will get used to it with time" i mumbled.

"Then start getting used to it now!" He retorted "and hurry tell me the address"

I thought about which uncle we should go to first? Someone who is selfish enough to demand some money from kaleem's family in exchange for my custody, and someone who have a say over his brothers and sisters and can make them dance to his tunes. That's none other than the eldest, uncle Isah.