chapter 60

KALEEM

"Kaleem!" Khaleel's eyes widened and Noor abruptly turned to face me.

She stood up "baby!" I can see fear in her eyes as she approach me.

"Don't baby me Noor! Just tell me if mother did all that you've said!" I yelled at her, my eyes instantly turning bloodshot red out of anger.

"It's not.."

"It's not what? Just answer my question, yes! or no?!"

She exhaled and swallowed, she turned to look at Khaleel then back to me. "Yes." She answered slowly.

I gasped in disbelief "and you didn't bother telling me?"

"How can I yah Kaleem? She's your mother, our mother!"

"So you thought i won't believe you if you told me about it because she's my mother?!" I intentionally put our mother's part out.

Yes i maybe wouldn't but i will still try and find out the truth.

"No. I just don't want to create a scene, it's nothing serious so please don't make a deal out of it, i really don't mind it. Please yah Kaleem please!"

"Really? You think it's nothing serious? When you as my wife, living under my care is being maltreated and you think it's nothing serious! When you're ready to leave without my knowledge you really think it's nothing serious! You even think divorce is nothing serious?!.
How were you even planning to do it? Huh? Will you provoke me, force it on me or betray me? Did you get closer to me these days to punish me on a mistake that was not mine Noor? Were you really going to leave?!"

Thank God the ever painful migraine started again after a loong time.

"Stop acting like it's my fault yah Kaleem" she snapped a bit harsh. "I am the victim caught in this maze don't make it looks like i created it"

"That's also my point!" I shouted. "If you are really sure that you are not at fault, why didn't you inform me before hand Noor for god sake! you really think i am that useless?"

"Yah Kaleem what's happening?" Lailah, Zahra, Habeeb and Aneel who just arrived at the scene asked simultaneously.

I didn't even spare them a glance and focused on glaring at Noor. Imagining how things could've turned out if i did not find out about this soon.

Lailah carefully walk to Khaleel who stood by the other side serving as an audience.
"Babe what's the reason for these couples second fight now?" She whispered in his ears.

"I think it will be better if you just shut up! It's serious" he whispered back and she nodded "okay" serving as another mute audience.

"I don't think you expect me to report my mother to my husband" she now replied to me in a calm manner.

"But i expect you to report my mother to me!. I can't fight her, I don't have the right to, and will never wish for a day to come when I'll rebel against her. But i still can solve things the right way Noorie, don't you trust me that much?"

She sighed unable to say anything, battling with her tears that keeps flowing non-stop down her cheeks.
My mother is definitely not an evil person but I'm sure she'll go to any length for us her sons, wether it's right or wrong as long as it feels right to her. she's capable of doing anything even if it will hurt the other person sometimes she could care less. So I'm sure Noor must've gone through alot without my knowledge, she cried words I can't understand back then, she must have tried hard to consummate all those pain and agony, and I'm now blaming her for it.