chapter 47

NOOR

We are currently standing by the main door of the mansion, i was covered in a veil and being followed and guided by my company.

"Recite the Dua i told you earlier and enter the house with your right foot" husnah's mom whispered in my ears.

I did as she said and we entered as some women started ululating. There were many people there talking many things but the place is too noisy for me to hear so we head directly to my mother's, his mother's and my mother in-law's room.

They seated me down on the carpet while mother was sitting opposite to me on the bed together with her friends.

"Here Hajiya, we brought your daughter to you please lend her some of your blessings" said an old woman I can't identify by her voice.

A chorus of laughter was heard before mother answered "yes sure!"

She held my hand and dragged me up from my sitting position to sit beside her on the bed and she quickly engaged me in a hug.

"Welcome back Noor my daughter" she utter audibly enough for everyone to hear, and the ear blocking ululation continues.

"I hope you know that this stay is not the same as that one. You were my daughter but you are now my daughter in-law so there's no comparison." She whispered in my ears not breaking the hug. And i cringe at her voice, it sounded kinda creepy.
She smiled briefly to the filled room before she continues.

"You are literally entering hell this time i promise you. But we can solve this matter simply right now. Just kindly ask for divorce from the simple kind hearted man you turned stubborn overnight. And i promise you one quarter of Zahra's share, it will be enough for you to live your life well off far away from us. Great deal isn't it? Yeah i wouldn't want you to suffer in hell either. You are my precious daughter after all"

She breaks the hug and kissed my covered forehead then patted my head. "May Allah bless your marriage. May you live happily and bear me cute grandchildren like you" she said with a wide smile.

Her actions impressed everyone in the room and they started ululating non-stop.
I was dumbfounded and didn't even noticed by the time i was taken out of the room, i was sobbing, pitying myself. I actually didn't see this coming, because I thought no matter what, if i get married to her son, she will atleast consider me.

....

"Stop crying now, will you?" Scolded Husnah. "Everyone already left and the grooms are to arrive anytime from now, I'm sure you know your husband will not like seeing you crying. You might even develop a headache" she now sounded worried.

I lift the veil that covered my face off my head and gave the room the first brief glance.
It's the same size as Kaleem's bedroom, but it's simple, brighter and the furnishings are a bit colourful here. The room itself has a faint purple theme, with an imprints of Roses on the wallpaper.

"It's not like this is the first time you are leaving home, i know you more than i know myself Noor so it's better if you will tell me what's wrong with you beside remembering about your parents" she kindly asked.

I was unable to say anything even to Husnah, and the other bridesmaids are also here so i just kept exhaling deeply trying to stop my tears and calm myself down.

She decided to ignore me on seeing that, but got concerned again after a minute and sat down closer so that no one could hear us.
"You are seriously not going to tell me?! Have you already started to keep secrets now that you got married?" She sounded offended.

I quickly shook my head "no, it's not...."

I was paused by her ringing phone, and the caller ID shows Kaleem A omar.
She picked the call without hesitation and after they greeted he told her something that makes her stood up and left the room, while my gaze followed her.