chapter 19

Noor

I gather all my strength in my small palm and gave Habeeb's door another loud thud.

"Who the heck is there?" He shouted before opening the door, scowling.

"It's me, hi" i wave at him and he furrowed his eyebrows at my sluggish act.

"You are here for?"

"You owe me an apology"

"For?"

I pointed at the side of my face covered in bandage. "This" i said looking into his eyes. "You have to apologise for the bruise and the pain"

He scoffed "it's not intentional you know that"

"Yeah, that's why I just demand an apology, i will leave as soon as you say sorry"

He shook his head in disbelief "you are overreacting Noor"

I shrugged "no I'm not".

"You are now and you always are" he hit the wall angrily before he turned to me with his fiercing eyes that suddenly changed to color red, pointing at me with his index finger.

"I don't like getting involved with you seriously, I don't like it when you keep peeking your nose in my business, I don't want to be left with no choice than to deal with you"

"Apology is all i asked ya Habeeb"

"But it's not all you wanted, i don't know the secret behind your hidden motives but Lailah have been siding with you and staying away from me, she's now sticking to her stinking husband just because of you, when will you keep yourself out of my personal matters?"

"That's what she's supposed to do anyway"

He scoffed "What?"

I stood still as he stepped closer and closer, fear creeping inside me. "What concern you with what she's supposed to do and what she's not? You are not who you think you are, you are not part of us you are just an outsider, yet you think you can control our lives and likings?"

"Just say sorry and i will leave" i said trying my best to keep calm.

"I won't" he shouted folding his hand into a fist and throw a hard punch towards my face. I seize to resist and just froze where i was standing, closing my eyes tightly and waiting for the pain to start but a hand pushed me back.

When i opened my eyes, Kaleem stood between us holding Habeeb's hand that was violent a while ago.

"I've told you there's a chance of getting more bruises if you don't stay away. I've known what he's capable of, he can hurt just anyone without a second thought, he love and care only for himself because he's so damn selfish." he retort and angrily return Habeeb a punch as hard as the earlier one intended for me.

"How dare you raise your hand on a girl?" He punched him again and Habeeb yelped in pain but didn't fight back nor said anything.

"Huh? Who gave you the right to hurt our sister?"

"Yah Kaleem stop it!" I cried holding Kaleem back by his arm who's ready to beat up Habeeb to a pulp. He tried grabbing his arm off my grip but I've hold it tightly against my chest like my life depends on it. "Please stop it Kaleem"

He exhaled deeply and pointed at Habeeb with his free hand.
"This is the last time I'll allow you to hurt me or Noor or Lailah or anyone else, wallah if you try doing anything stupid again i will forget that you are my brother and make you face the music"

"What's happening here?" Mother hurried to where we are standing followed by Zahra. She panicked as soon as she set her eyes on Habeeb and rushed to him.