chapter 21

Noor's POV

"Leave my hand ya Kaleem you are not supposed to touch me" i cried struggling to free my hand from his tight grip "please you are not my mahrem" i begged.

He finally let go of my hand and turned to face me walking towards me and i kept stepping back.

"but you allow that fulani boy to touch you that day" He said his breath hitting my face as the distance between us is not more than 1 feet. "Did you think no one saw you? Or is he your mahrem? Are you already married without my knowledge?"

I just swallowed, blinking rapidly, i can feel my stomach churning and i did my best to stand on my feet despite feeling numb. I tried to scoot down and escape his captivity but he stretch one of his legs giving me no extra space to pass through, so i stop trying to escape because i don't want to touch him more and add to my sins. 

"Astagfirullah, astagfirullah (forgive me Allah)" i kept whispering in his face with my eyes tightly closed, Kaleem is really crossing the line. I felt him smile with a sound before he stepped back, far away from me.

"Open your eyes let's leave, your free shopping is over" he declared causing me to immediately open my eyes. That's not what i expected, i thought my closet is going to be full today with no extra space but gowns and some cardigans are the only cloths i bought and it's not gonna do without some laces and *Ankara/atamfa (traditional clothing).

When i was done thinking, Kaleem was already inside the store we were first at so i hurried up and followed him.
He collected back his card and the store workers followed us with my stuffs to the car. After we were done stocking them in the trunk we got inside and Kaleem started driving and we sat in silence for almost half of the ride while i was busy thinking about the day that Kaleem was talking about when Yusuf touched me.

"When was it? When was it?" I asked myself because as long as i could remember Yusuf hadn't touched me in like 5 years because I told him not to.

"When was what?" Kaleem groan looking at me briefly and took his eyes back to the road.

"I was not talking to you" i retort then get back to my thinking.

"You are crazy" he started.

"What?!" I asked bewildered

"Yes, because only a crazy person talks to no one, like are you talking to the air or what?"

"Then that means we both are crazy" i said and turn to see his reaction, and there was a scowl on his face.

"I mean moments ago at that store, you were also talking with no one remember?" He nods indicating that he remembers but didn't try to argue.

"You stay away from him"

"Who?"

"Habeeb. avoid him as much as you could if you really want to stay safe"

Oh! I exhaled! I thought it was Yusuf he was asking me to stay away from.
I laughed awkwardly "ok i will do that"

"Hmm" he responded and the silence continued for the rest of the ride.

.........

A knock came at my bedroom door and i quickly pulled a large sewn hijab over the towel wrapped around my chest.

I moved closer to the door, raising my voice i asked "who is it?"

"It's Habeeb" a voice answered from the other side of the door. My eyes bulge, nearly falling out of their socket in outermost surprise. What? What is he doing here?

"Please open the door i just want to talk to you" he requested.

Avoid him as much as you could if you really want to stay safe. Kaleem's words flashes through my mind.