chapter 49

KALEEM

"It was really hard for me, but i tried my best to move past it, i tried becoming my old self again but no matter how hard i tried, i can't become who i was before i met Yasmeenah. The pain, scars, anxiety, and depression kept hunting.... Uhhh"

I groaned, placing a hand on my forehead that i just felt something like needle was pierced. Today's migraine is hitting really hard.

"What is it?" Noor asked worried, looking down to my face.

"Nothing, i was saying..." I tried continue but she quickly cut me.

"No! No more words just sleep"

"But i have to tell you something importan...."

You must know about me today, I don't want it to be too late Noorie, we have to make our life decision once and for all.

"I said no more words okay?" She scolded. "Now close your eyes, your temperature is getting hotter, else the fever might get worst."

"I.." i started again.

She flicked on my head.
"Ouch, Noor!" I yelped.

"Sorry, sorry. I didn't know it will hurt, you are just too stubborn. Now keep quiet please"

I swallowed. Maybe this isn't the right time, i will just talk to her later.
I closed my eyes again, perceiving her calming scent i smiled. "Is it not too heavy?"

"What?" She question completely oblivious.

"My head" i answered.

She chuckled "it is, but i will endure it just for tonight, so feel free and sleep."

"Thank you" i mummured and turned now facing her flat hungry stomach, i know I don't dare tell her to eat again so i just closed my eyes and in no time i was fast asleep.

.....

I opened my eyes to the sound of the Azaan (call for prayer) i am still lying on the bed with my head on Noor's lap.
She has her hand on my ear and rested her back on the headrest.

She spent the entire night sitting!.

I quickly sat down and she moves a little groaning. Her back must be sore, i thought. She's on her period so i decided not to wake her up since she's not praying. i gently drag her to lie down and stuffed a pillow under her head, she makes some silly sound in response to relaxing her body and turned to lie on her right side.

"You're such a heavy sleeper" i chuckled and headed to the bathroom to perform ablution.

NOOR

I winced at the sunlight coming from the glass wall that blinds my eyes as soon as i opened them, so i closed them shut again. I turned to the side before i opened my eyes again.

I must be dreaming good today since i got to see myself in Kaleem's mysterious bedroom, my dream bedroom. And even sleeping on his bed.

Waiit!! I sat up. I'm actually sleeping on his bed in reality. I looked up at the wall clock and it ticks 9:37am.

"Ya Allah! I Haven't changed my pad since yesterday" i got down from the bed and went in search for my bag. When i Finally find it inside his drawer, i pulled out one from the mini pad pack i always keep in my bag for emergency purpose and walks inside his room-closet to find his bathroom inside.

I drastically turned the door knob open and poked my head inside.
"Arrhhhhhh!" I screamed my lungs out and quickly retreat closing the door shut with a hand on my chest which is beating up and down.