chapter 45

THE WEDDING

KALEEM

"....We now announce the completion of marriage between Musa kaleemullah Ali Omar and his wife Noor Hamdan Ali Omar. Aneel abdallah and his wife Fatima Ali Omar.
under the law of Shari'a and Sunnah of the prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). We should now make Dua for for their everlasting union and happiness, may Allah bless them with righteous children and bless the family they will create"
A sound chorus of 'Ameen' was heard from all over the masjid before everyone joined the Dua.

I sat there amongst hundreds of people. from family, friends, invited and non invited guests and well wishers (men only) witnessing the day i was removed from bachelorhood. I was daydreaming of all wonderful things that will be happening from now on, With a wide grin on my face. I can't believe that i actually got married to Noor, my dream girl. The girl i admire from afar is now MINE. She now belongs to mee.

I really feel like shouting out of joy now and running home to my dear wife
But i hold myself back.
"I can do this" i mumbled clenching my hand into a fist and start responding to the Dua earnestly.

People started shaking my hand and congratulating me soon after the wedding, and we took few pictures with some before we get back to our cars and move our convoy to the hotel that holds the reception.

........

12:45pm

"Inform them that the groom and his friends are here to see the bride please" asked one of Kaleem's friends because Aneel also went with his friends to see his bride.

"I'm sorry but we can't show you our bride till after buɗan kai(unveiling the bride)" retorted Husnah, who's dressed elegantly in an exclusive lace and matching ornaments.

The guy smiled at her before he lowers his voice making a sad face.
"Please ƙawar amaryar mu(our bride's maid) help us. Some of the groomsmen had came from far away countries and they wish to go back home today. We are just going to snap some pictures and you'll be free to take away your bride"

"Hmmm....?" She debated. "Okay but only if you will pay the unveiling price right now because our bride is too expensive to be seen for free" she glance at Kaleem who sat quietly at the corner.

They all laughed except him "of course, it's our duty to pay the unveiling price, she's big K's bride after all" commented one of the men, and Kaleem finally smiled.

"so tell us, how much is the price?" Asked another.

"Uhmm... 10 million Naira?" She joked knowing the price she demanded is too high, after all it's negotiable.

"10 million only? That's cheap, i thought you are going to ask for a 100 or so when you said she's too expensive. just send your account number i will pay for it all"

Husnah just froze there with her jaws on the floor.
"Y.. you're really paying that?" She stammered.

He nods "yes, just waiting for your account number for the transaction to be successful, so that we can see our bride quickly."

She swallowed and read out the numbers for him.

She was told to bring Noor while the guy is processing to transfer the money and Her phone beeped when she was about to leave the room. she stumbled almost falling down when she saw the alert.

"Have you seen it?" The man asked with a mischievous smile. I'm sure Husnah has never saw such an amount in her account that's why she's shocked to bones.

"Please go and bring my dear wife Husnah!! (TO BE finally excluded 😅)" i finally spoke eyeing her "you are too slow I'm starting to get impatient" i finished moving forward.