chapter 28

Noor's POV

I came out from shower to find my phone ringing again. i didn't attend to it because i know the caller obviously, it must be Yusuf.

I grab the phone and went to sit in front of my dressing mirror then check my phone to find about 20 missed calls that Yusuf keep dropping this morning, I haven't answered any of them so i know he must be freaking out right now after he was told that i rejected his marriage proposal yesterday.

I love him but i can't just do this to myself. it was then that i was ready to be with Yusuf even if i don't know myself, i was ready to be his friend and his partner, i can even be his servant if he wants because that's just how much I loved him. I wanted to learn from him what he wanted me to know, i wanted to be like an image he drew with just the features he likes, i was ready to devote myself completely to Yusuf.

But not anymore!

Not after what happened between us and not after i knew my value, not after I'm contemplating whether i still love him as much or not, not after i have a mother and a family to love. Not after i have dreams. Among all the wishes i mentioned to my family only one is fulfilled.

I got a car but didn't even know how to drive it.
Yesterday was my first day at school but Yusuf ruined it.
I didn't get to attend any fancy party.
The world doesn't even acknowledge that I'm now part of the Ali Omar family how can Yusuf expect me to just get married at such a stage? That's nonesense!.

I finished getting dressed and went out for breakfast, i met everyone there including doctor Aneel. the atmosphere is quite lively today and mother looks really happy which i have no clue about the reason behind it.

Aneel checked on my wound after we finished eating and then he told me that it's almost healed so no need for dressing, likewise my stitches from the surgery is also healed completely.

After we are done with that session, i was ready for school because i want to go early Yusuf has fixed an early morning class. When i went to Habeeb's door he was also ready but in and office attire not in the usual kurta/jallabiya or t-shirt and shorts.

He looks different, and suits really suit him well. I giggled when he comes outside to my full view but he started apologizing before I could say anything.

"I'm really sorry Noor I can't take you to school today i have to go to the office" he said in a plea.

"Ohh someone is not lazy today" i remark wagging my eyebrows.

He ran his fingers over his head smiling and roll his eyes "oh i was never lazy"

I shrug "i'm not accusing you, you said it yourself that day"

"You definitely heard it wrong" he insisted.

We kept chatting until we reached the parking lot and Habeeb selected a driver for me and we exchange goodbyes before he left for work and my driver opened the back seat for me.

While i was about enter i spotted Kaleem watching us through his window but he put down the shade as soon as my gaze met his. I shrugged and entered my car and the driver drove off.

.....

"Hello Husnah, where are.... Aahh!" I screamed as a hand drag my arm backwards.

I quickly turned and my gaze met the angry Yusuf with a big scowl on his face.

He collected the phone and disconnected the call before he continued dragging me to his car which was parked a little distant from mine but under the shade.

He throws me in the passenger seat and closed the door before he walked to the driver seat and seated himself.
He turned and looked at me breathing heavily, his eyes were bloodshot red and his whole face was red from anger.

I suddenly feel week and nervous, like a cold water was poured over me, i swallowed and tried keeping my gaze off Yusuf as fear was creeping inside me, i was naturally afraid of Yusuf right from day one when i met him as a crook, i forgot about that fear when he started to smile at me.

"You really think I'm a joke?" He said in a husky voice and i kept silent, eyes widening and lips trembling.
"Why did you do what you did yesterday? I mean why??" He whined. "You were angry when i left and now that I'm back and sorry you are running away from me?"

When he got no response from me he put his right hand to lifted my head up. Today was the first time in 5 years that Yusuf dares to touch me, he always stays within his limit and consider my 'no' as a 'no' he never forced anything on me.

"Look into my eyes Noor" he said dropping his hand.

I slowly looked up at him and was shocked when i saw tears streaming down from his eyes.
"Did you really not love me anymore? Did i lost that love we shared for years?" He asked sniffing.

I also found myself at the verge of tears so i started shaking my head slowly.
"Yusuf I don't know, I'm not sure of my feelings for you anymore, i mean i still love you but somehow I'm still angry with you, i forgive you but I can't forget... I'm so confused about my feelings"

He suddenly put his hands together pleading and sobbing,
"Noor I'm sorry! I really am sorry please forgive me and be mine again. I can't afford to lose you, I'm incomplete without you and i really love you please save me Noor" he says crying like a child and tears of pity started dropping from my eyes.

"I'm sorry Yusuf, i can't be yours again because i...i like someone else.. i think"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Opps! it's like someone said something 🤔.

The story is about to take turns but I'm not pleased with the amount of votes I'm getting when I drop double pages in a single day, but if you like the single one better i will try and be updating daily but I'm not sure 🤷
So please choose between single and double post so that we will know our stand and not be like Yusuf 😜

Silent readers🗣️ atleast be voting nah! Please 👏