chapter 42

2 days to the wedding

KALEEM

"Mother.. mother please, listen to me please mother!" I begged following her to her bedroom. She turned after she entered trying to shut her door but i stopped it with my hand.
"Give me just a minute to explain myself, please!"

"Did you listen to me when i said NO to marrying noor? Why do you expect me to listen to you now? After you disgrace and disregard me?"

I bit my lower lip feeling hurt, i never wanted a day to come when i will disobey my mother because of something or someone. That's why i kept quiet after Yasmeenah's accident, i ate my anger, my trauma and my pain. Just Because Habeeb was involved! But because of Noor, I'm now going against her wishes.

I hold her hand and got down on my knees "this once. forgive me just this once, i promise i will never disobey you ever again, just accept Noor please mother" i begged.

She sighed before she sat herself on the bed. I crawled to put my hands on her lap, staring at her with puppy eyes.

"Are you that eager to forsake your riches and welcome poverty to your life?"

"I will never taste poverty insha Allah, and even if i did, i believe it's my fate and alhamdulillah(all thanks to Allah) i lived a life that millions of people don't dare to dream of, so I'm not scared"

She nods and take up her phone searching for her lawyer's contact "Okay, then i will give her half of Zahra's share like you'd asked for, you can now call off the wed..."

I quickly interjected shaking my head "No mother, i can't call off this wedding, i love Noor, i want to be with her. I promise i will marry whoever you want afterwards even if it's 3 at a Time. just let this marriage push through, please!"

She raised an eyebrow "You love her?"

"Yes i do" i nod.

She half smiled "that's unexpected, i never thought you could be easily fooled. Noor is really strong willed, isn't she? she's actually getting rich very soon"

"She didn't choose me mom, i chose her"

A humourless laugh escape her lips and she watch me in despair"Then i also choose you to be Royala ceo once again"

"I agree" i blurted.

"Really?" She asked bewildered an i nodded. "How could my stern Kaleemullah get swayed so easily? Noor has bewitched my son ya Allah! I really pity us" she added crying.

"You should pity her instead mother, because... I can never be a dad, yet I'm trying to put the poor girl's happiness in line. I'm infertile!"

...........

I put a hand on my forehead that's paining like crazy after taking my pills, I've been having constant migraine attacks since yesterday.

I seated myself on an armchair just as Aneel entered with a 'Salam'.

"Mysterious groom of the week" joked Aneel as he sit next to me resting his back against the headrest. "I just had a photoshoot with my bride while they are ready to go for their walima(v: a wedding event that's done by inviting Islamic scholars to give speech and advice to the bride about marriage and struggles of marriage life) and She's breathtakingly beautiful!" he exclaimed holding his breath.

"Bride-to-be" i corrected.

"Whatever! Aren't you taking one with your sister-bride?"

"I have better things to do"

He raised an eyebrow "than giving time for your wife?"

"TO BE" i corrected again.

"Okay! I guess mother didn't allow it"