chapter 15

Noor's POV

"Mother let's head inside it's late so you should get some sleep" said Lailah her hands on our mothers lap, while she scoots on her legs to adjust with mother's sitting position.

"No Lailah" she denied placing her palms on top of Lailah's. "I should wait till Kaleem reach home"

"But we've confirmed that he is fine, please get some rest"

"No please" she shook her head, then looked at Lailah in the eyes. " I don't want to happen 2 years back to happen again, i will lose it if Kaleem is brought to me in such situation again, I can't risk it you know" she finished crying again and i quickly sat down in front of her, close to Lailah and started wiping away her tears.

"Don't cry please mother, Ya Kaleem will be back home safe and sound insha Allah" i Said curious about knowing what has happened to him 2 years ago that makes our mother crying like a child, it must be something really great.

A 10 minutes of silence passed and the front door squeaks open revealing Kaleem and a stranger. He looks pale like someone who's been sick for a week and his eyes are swollen as if he's been crying.

"Why are you here mother?" He asked observing the whole room. "Why are you all doing here? What happened?" He asked all of us but directed his question to Lailah as she's the only one who's in good term with him because Zahra has slept already.

Mother stood up from her seat "We were waiting for you, what happened to you?" She asked.

"Nothing really, he's just caught a slight fever for the evening" Aneel answered lying.

"Did you went to that hospital again?" She demanded frowning at Kaleem.

"No mother I..."

"If not then where were you together with Aneel at this time of the night? I thought it was his house but seeing you return together make me think otherwise".

"Please mother!" He begged. "I'm fine, just be okay with that hmm?" He caressed her palms, it's just a fever, it will be gone in the morning insha Allah, you should go and rest it's past midnight" he then looked at Lailah "please take mother to her room sister-in-law, you all should also go and rest, goodnight" and with that he drag Aneel's hand into his apartment.

.....

"So that's Noor!" Aneel stated smiling. "The girl's cute friend"

Kaleem look at him disgustingly before turning his attention back to the boiling tea kettle. He fetched moderate amount in two mugs and add milk to it before returning to the living room where Aneel was seated on a couch and handed him the right hand mug.

"She's nothing compared to Yasmeenah?" He stated sipping on his hot tea.

Aneel's eyes bulge "so you can compare Noor to Yasmeenah? I never thought you could compare any girl in this world to her, not Noor especially".

He smiled a bit and sip on tea again before he spoke "Noor and Yasmeenah are polar opposites, they share nothing in common i swear to Allah, so there's no use comparing them. My Yasmeenah is as cold as ice while Noor is hotter than fire, her courage never ceases to surprise me and the girl is quite dangerous, that's why we have to act fast and kick her out of our house" he finished comforting himself on the arm chair.

Aneel just stared at him, he has noticed many changes in Kaleem that he himself hadn't noticed.
Before he didn't dare even think about Yasmeenah without getting serious migraine or panic attack, so he kept all her memories away, he never looked back to people that will remind him of her, he stayed away from her family also, that's why he panicked and fainted when he saw Hudah. But nevertheless he can now say her name confidently, it's a great Improvement he can't deny.

"Stop looking at me like that, we are not that romantic" Kaleem snapped getting Aneel back from his thoughts, he smiled realizing that Kaleem stole his famous line.

"We are, because we're even sharing a bed tonight" he says standing up.

"What? No way!" Kaleem screamed, "i swear you are not going inside my bedroom, you never had and never will" he glare at Aneel like he's ready to beat him up.

"Woah, bro, chill" he pats on Kaleem's shoulder, "that's why i don't like sleeping over at your place, i always prefer Habeeb's apartment because he never mind someone being in his bed"

"You could have the other room, don't go to Habeeb's place today we have alot to talk about in the morning"

"So you are not going to let me sleep in your bedroom?"

"No!" He answered straight.

"Then I'm going" he started walking towards the stairs.

"If you're gone don't ever come back" Kaleem shouted and make Aneel turn back on his heels, sighing at the bipolar Kaleem, he's no longer surprised at his sudden mood swings, he's been like that since two years ago.

"Are you sure of what you are saying?"

"What? I know you are going to leave anyway, like she did" he said between gritting teeth.

"Why do you like repeating same thing again and again?. Must i repeat it in your ears every single hour that you have to let Yasmeenah go from your mind? Do you want depression to kill you huh?" Aneel shouted back annoyed.

"Yes! And why do you care if it did? You are going to leave someday anyway..."

"Then fine! Since you are never tired of pushing me away from you then go on, and continue keeping your bed for Yasmeenah until you die on it". Aneel hissed and hurried up the stairs out of the apartment and shut the door behind him with a bang that makes Kaleem gasp.

He has taken it too far.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Afwan please, i write this chapter in a rush that i even forget I'm writing it in Noor's POV, i came to realize i was literally writing Kaleem's when i was about to finish, so tomorrow's chapter will be in Noor's insha Allah.

Thanks for the love ❤️
Ummu Najma 🥰.